Restaurants investing in technology instead of paying people higher rates

Already here, door dash, why would I care if it was prepared and delivered by robots if they can meet the same standards and quality?

We had that in one of the casual dining restaurant I’ve worked at.

90% of tables never touched that stupid machine.

Again, delivery isn’t the same as a night out.

And it never will be.

Sure, back before everyone had a smartphone they were pretty much integrated with, This isn’t 2000

I’m talking about 2017.

Waiters rarely add value to a night out. Sure, a rare few are entertaining, like I was, but for the most part, they are a negative.

Doesn’t matter, exponential tech growth, 2017 may as well be 1980.

I think I am glad you were never my waiter.

1 Like

You’re missing the point.

There have been no significant advances in robot waiters in the last four years. The technology was there - that’s not the problem.

Ya me to but regardless of ideology we shouldn’t be dealing with countries committing genocide in concentration camps. Or maybe that’s and old fashion belief and I am not up with the latest trends.

My customers, didn’t want me to demonstrate my intelligence, they wanted their orders to be delivered. You are basically a servant. A job better suited to a machine. Not a big fan of turning the poor into my personal servants but maybe that’s just me.

Canada/Canadians hates China with a burning passion.

This is a business model that has consistently failed for a hundred years now.

Psst, tech grows exponentially but even if it didn’t, linearly would suffice. Door dash want viable, until, now.

I’m well aware of the scale of how technology grows.

Have you ever attempted a natural language conversation with an AI?

“I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that.”

1 Like

Lol, humans are worse, at least the ai won’t throw a fit if it doesn’t understand.

And yes I use AI to understand speech, seems to work pretty darn good. Maybe you mumble or something. I mean I am kind of a mumbles and it still understands me perfectly. Maybe you haven’t kept up with modern speech recognition?

No, they aren’t.

You can’t deny that you frantically mash the “0” button on your phone, every time you get caught up in an automated system.

1 Like

That’s not what I asked.

I don’t deny that, I just realize that is going to be your fast food experience, if they give you a button.