Republicans Propose Nationwide Offshore Wind Ban, Citing Unsubstantiated Links to Whale Deaths

was banning cows an “inflection point” or no?

2 Likes

Im not an advocate of bans but I also dont like to see whales being killed, perhaps a partial ban where whales are, do they come into the Gulf of Mexico?

1 Like

I think you knew why that statement was stupid even before you hit SUBMIT. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Please enlighten all of us about the technology that allows the offshore wind turbines to be held suspended in the air, above the ocean surface, along with the transmission lines to connect the turbines to the on shore power grid. Can’t wait to hear about how this is being accomplished.

There’s a silly concept out there regarding blimp style wind turbines being suspended in altitudes with laminar winds. Looks cute in a cartoon (Big Hero 6) at least. Of course, the leftards who surely made that movie also envisioned a Chinese-speaking United States in the future. :man_shrugging:

Another job killer. Good bye 120,000 jobs and fabrication jobs on the gulf coast.

Drop the faux culture wars and think about Woking guys

1 Like

I would imagine that the electro-magnetic fields generated by the transmission cables, running from the turbines, down to the base and then along the sea floor to the shore transformer station where they tie into the grid, are causing all sorts of unexpected interactions with the sea life near these off shore turbine fields.

1 Like

And lets not forget the sea birds that are no doubt being killed by the blades.

1 Like

What about the subsea electro control umbilicals we use to control subsea X trees and other subsea oil and gas infrastructure in the GOM. Worried about them as well?

1 Like

Are they clustered in the same density as a power generation field and are they carrying the same load as these generation lines?

Maybe that needs to get looked at too.

Are dead whales washing ashore in those areas?

Nope not at all

Some yes

So we are to believe coal fired power plants in America are being outperformed by “wind and solar renewable energy”?
Oh wait, when was the last coal fired power station brought on line?
How many coal fired generating stations still exist?
Eliminate the competition and suddenly wind and solar are the ■■■■■ :rofl:
I call BS

I’m sorry how is the airborne device anchored to the ground again? Is there some part of that airborne device that has to be attached to a large structure that gets stuck in the ground for example?

But … I thought Covid was an airborne device…

The real story is that fracking has expanded domestic gas production and allowed the development of gas-fired power plants. The gas plants are far cleaner and more efficient than coal plants.

The renewable energy production figures are misleading, since wind and solar are only available for a portion of the time. They still need fossil or nuclear plants as a backup.

The obvious solution is to move the wind turbines to Martha’s Vinyard and the Hamptons instead of keeping them offshore.

It is time for the elites to show they care about the environment.

the vast majority of them still being sited and planned by developers that have yet to begin construction.

What killed the whales?