Republicans Need To Do To Win

In order to win, Republicans need to focus on a couple of issues to win. Right now they are flailing and listening to the wrong voices.

Focus On Winners

1. The economy
  2. The border/immigration
  3. Crime
  4. Education/culture wars/safe the kids/protect the women

Abortion is a losing election issue. One does not run on abortion, one gets elected and then passes laws on abortion.

The republicans screwed that up.

Republicans could change their stance on a couple of issues and win a significant majority in both houses for decades.

A good start would be:

1. Deal with DACA. Make them citizens. Nobody is going to deport them anyway.
  2. Trim the bureaucracy and tax break.
  3. 1% interest on student loans.
  4. No males in women’s sports
  5. Legalize weed
  6. Address the asylum issue.
4 Likes

the DACA thing, thats goes against the Trump mass deportation trope ( in which illegals are rounded up and deported)

Allan

1 Like

Overall a great solid list. However disagree with any focus on transgender issues of anything else that can be construed as “culture wars”. The 2022 mid terms proved that is a losing issue with independents and floating voters.

Everything else on the list is a true blueprint for Republican success this year.

Thanks. Great post.

You are misreading the room. The current framing is wrong, but culture wars is a winner.

Trump has offered to support putting DACA in legislation, and actually increasing, through legislation, the number of people allowed in DACA. Of course, that was part of his proposal to change legal immigration to exclude chain migration in favor of qualifications. Of course, Democrats rejected that.

1 Like

This term or late 2020?

The polling of caucus goers in Iowa showed immigration and the economy as overwhelmingly the top two issues. That is where Republicans need to be.
Democrat’s issues, so far as I can tell, are save our democracy from Trump. Republicans mostly just need to ignore that.

1 Like

While still President. I haven’t heard him mention DACA recently, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t.

1 Like

I’d also add make us energy independent again, nix the climate change/green agenda and reduce regluations.

I think it was 2017 when he tried to end DACA by EO and was shot down by SCOTUS in 2020. Ending DACA was an attempt at getting Congress off their asses and draft legislation concerning immigration.

4 Likes

Biden did that…

1 Like

Neutral… by most measures the economy is doing very well. That doesn’t mean it’s working for everyone.

Winner for Republicans. This should be their #1 focus. The border specifically. If they start going down the path of mass deportations, it’s going to become a losing issue

Neutral. Crime is more of a state/city issue. Most crime categories are relatively low. However this has traditionally been a winner for Republicans… so they might be able to leverage it.

Losing issue for Republicans. They should stay away from culture wars. It’s not a winner for anyone but the fringe.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Are you denying this

“The United States is set to produce a global record of 13.3 million barrels per day of crude and condensate during the fourth quarter of this year, according to a report published Tuesday by S&P Global Commodity Insights.

Last month, weekly US oil production hit 13.2 million barrels per day, according to the US Energy Information Administration. That’s just above the Donald Trump-era record of 13.1 million set in early 2020 just before the Covid-19 crisis sent output and prices crashing.“

Yes. Ending DACA was clearly a negotiating tool on immigration reform. The SC said he had to have all sorts of hearings to end it though none were used to create it, and it wasn’t even clear it was legal. Seemed strange to me.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t5:

1 Like

Critprog opinion on republicans. Tsk, tsk.

I gave it the consideration it was due.

Yes, I am.

1 Like

Based on what? Feefees?

Is it factually incorrect that under Biden the US has produced more oil than any other time in history? Heck more than any other country?

1 Like