Republicans are at 217 seats in the House of Representatives, awaiting #218 which could be

If the final balance comes out 218/217, 219/216 or 220/215, it is really going to be an interesting ride.

You have to go back to the 72nd Congress (1931 to 1933) to find so close a division. Interestingly in that Congress, Republicans were elected to a narrow majority but by the time the House organized 14 months later, several Republican deaths allowed the Democrats to organize the House. (Note that this was pre-lame duck Constitutional Amendment.)

They are allowed to vote if the Conference feels they have a decent chance of victory, even if their race has not been called.

1 Like

Right now, my best guess is 221/214

Boebert wins in Colorado.
Democrat wins in Alaska
Republicans take three seats in California.

There are usually a number of vacancies in the House i.e. someone resigns, someone is incapacitated, etc…

So what happens if the margin of control by one party is so razor thin that it disappears after a few such events ? Would the Speaker have to give up their post ?

What would happen is if the Democrats felt they had the majority, they would offer a privileged motion to declare the Speakership vacant. If that motion passed, there would immediately be an election for Speaker.

So yes, Democrats could reorganize the House.

1 Like

CA - 6 has been called for the Democrat.

11 seats remain.

Now 217 to 207.

CA - 21 has been called for the Democrat.

10 seats remain.

Now 217 to 208.

Exactly! And by Globalist Establishment “republicans” as well.

2 Likes

So it looks like 220 to 215 if the ones leading hold on, and the ones trailing don’t overtake those ones they are behind, so now it may be 220-215 the other way. That Begich guy submarined Palin, kinda stupid to give the Alaska seat to a Democrat.

CA - 9 has been called for the Democrat.

9 seats remain.

217 to 209.

Actually, it is Begich’s VOTERS who will make that determination. Many of them can’t stand Palin and will give their second place votes to the Democrat. Voter’s choice.

Boebert will be declared the winner and then that will be that.

And that will be that. I wonder what side she will be on in the long term?

This ranked choice is stupid. If that is the way they felt they should have voted for the liberal outright and declared themselves liberal.

REPUBLICANS OFFICIALLY CONTROL THE HOUSE.

Mike Garcia wins in CA-27.

Democrats took a seat in California Maine.

Republicans 218, Democrats 210.

7 seats remain to decide.

1 Like

I don’t know. How do we know it wasn’t fraud?

Jared Golden in ME-2 was the 210th Democrat.

Remaining contests.

Lauren Boebert in CO-3 (leading)
Sarah Palin or Nick Begich in AK-AL (both trailing)
Kevin Kiley in CA-3 (leading)
John Duarte in CA-13 (trailing)
David Valadao in CA-22 (leading)
Scott Baugh in CA-47 (trailing)
Brian Maryott in CA-49 (trailing)

221 - 214, looks like

Compared to 222 - 212 now(or recently). A thin lead, but not much thinner than it was with Pelosi.

220 - 213 actually per house.gov… so exact same difference