Republicans approve bill to protect same-sex marriage . . . give finger to Constitution and federalism

Yes and you’ve lost. Progress continues without you.

Article V, our Constitution’s amendment process, is the only lawful way to achieve the “Progress” you mention.

JWK

What makes a Supreme Court opinion legitimate is when it is in harmony with the text of our Constitution and its documented legislative intent which gives context to its text.

What difference does it make to anyone if same sex couples get married?

An irrelevant question with regard to abiding by the rule of law, our Constitution, and the 10th Amendment.

[quote=“Nemesis, post:48, topic:243677, full:true”]

Seriously…can we just be done with this part of our sad history?

No i didnt.

Nope you didn’t. Those are two separate posts. i am a dum dum

Haste makes waste.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WW

Does the same apply for medical licenses? Bar exams?

1 Like

Concealed Carry…….

I would think IF the article they are claiming applies to marriage licenses DOES apply to marriage licenses, then it would also apply to the ones you listed and concealed carry licenses as well.

Wonder why it doesn’t…… or maybe article IV doesn’t work the way they claim it does.

4 Likes

Well, that is for the courts to decide. I would note that gun permitting laws are moving in that direction, however slowly.

Laws in one state do not carry over to other states. Soooo- you can’t buy weed one state and then take it to another state where it is illegal.

But with contracts such as adoption, someone who has adopted a child in one state still remains their parent in another state.

1 Like

You could say that the 2nd amendment should have the same laws (or lack of laws) equally in all the states to be constitutional. I could see that. I wouldn’t like that but I could see that.

To be honest, I am surprised that we aren’t already there.

The new SC is gonna get us there quick.

Full faith and credit

shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.

We’re talking licenses.

Just like marriage licenses. If Article IV applies to marriage, it applies to all other “licenses” as well.

1 Like

I’m surprised they didn’t do it with Bruen. They had no issue spiking Roe, what’s the delay?