Republican wins in district that's 85% Hispanic

Personally don’t know much about this district, but thought it may have significance. From what I’ve read all the border towns are completely incensed on what’s happening, which may have influenced this election.

1 Like

Should we get Cyber Ninjas in there to check for any fraud?

9 Likes

Apparently, Villalobos won the election with 4,744 votes to Whitacre’s 4,538 votes. A total of 9,282 votes.

There are 73,000 registered voters in McAllen. It’s always fun to watch all of the excitement when the unexpected person wins a off cycle election that usually has low voter turnout. Folks start talking about how things will change in the future. And then the future comes and those folks are disappointed once again.

2 Likes

Whoooo hooo!!!

Meaning 63,718 people didn’t care enough to vote? Because both candidates sucked? Because they were both Hispanic? Or it was too hot?

That’s 12.7 percent of registered voters.

Let’s not get excited about changing trends…

Hispanic is a necessary variable to highlight, what for?

1 Like

Elections for local offices and/or local measures have historically low voter turnouts. Just the nature of the beast.

Well if Hispanics are against open borders then that’s proof it’s bad.

Ah, because obviously…

If you want. I’m sure the reps won’t send an army of lawyers to stop it…

3 Likes

The dems narrative for the last 20 years they would always vote democrat. “demographics”.
Which was a racist point of view as usual…

3 Likes

Isn’t this OP calling out demographics?

You can show this?

We’ve had Republican mayors in Dover.

No biggie.

Now win the congressional district now that will be worth crowing about.

Mayor lol. No.

Allan

Obviously election fraud. Lol

Allan

1 Like

By all means, audit that vote! lol

3 Likes

Yes … But the media dems acted like Hispanics could not think for themselves. The OP is not

1 Like

Goalpost shift.

I’m going to need an example of “the media” acting like Hispanics can’t think for themselves

1 Like

Umm what lol. No that’s the gop narrative. “Make Hispanics citizens and they will vote only dems” is something you guys are arguing.

There are entire threads on the subject. Your post is the kind of reality twisting projection that deserves an award of some kind

2 Likes