Republic - What it Means

Point me to were you outlined it lib.

Literally two posts above the one you responded to.

You donā€™t think?

Itā€™s being done every day. From hunting and fishing, farming to vehicles and jobs.

I also think a republic is where power is not inherited such as a monarchy.

we elect a president (albeit in an indirect manner)

Allan

Please explain. You said that the majority can give an individual the ability to violate or harm another? Maybe it was just not phrased well because I donā€™t think we give individuals that power.

Now, you may say that the majority gives the government the ability to violate someoneā€™s rights (which maybe youā€™re broadly defining as, for example, limiting the ability to kill as many deer on your property as you want), but thatā€™s a far cry from allowing another individual to harm them.

Is that it?

No Allan, it has nothing to do with how you choose your rulers.

So a republic can have an inherited leader instead of an elected (even an indirect election such as our president) one, I think not.

Allan

It has nothing to do with how you choose your rulers.

This is incorrect.

Thereā€™s more. Far more. Just waiting to see if you found some courage to discuss it.

Odd pronouncements from on high.

Take hunting with dogs for example. Entire breeds were raise, trained and bred for sole purpose of the hunt.

In my state of Washington the people voted to ban hunting bears and cats with dogs. Itā€™s been a long tradition and even a culture around this hunt.

Dogs/breeds are bred for cold nose/warm nose. Take Blue Tick or Black and Tan. They are cold nose hounds. You donā€™t want to use cold nose hounds for game that travel long distance.

For faster game that travels long distance you want warm noseā€¦and in some cases sight hounds.

Entire breeds been bred for generations are being destroyed or even wiped out for intended purpose because of majority deemed it inhumanā€¦and thus tradition and culture that surrounded them.

Back when I was a child I use to hunt coons, it was pretty good money for 12 year old, was getting 40/45 dollar for proper skinned and stretched pellet.

Because of action of animal rights advocate their hides are worth nothing few years later.

And now you see them dead alone the road, invading your trash barrels or even breaking into your home through the dog door.

Til this day every time I see a dead coon on side of the road I say their wasted 45 bucks.

Meanwhile a person was attacked and killed by a large cat in my state, massive bear problem which fish and game are having to deal with at tax payers expense.

Oh and guess what they are using?

Dogsā€¦same dogs the public ban decade or so ago.

I can go on and on with what the left had done in their rush to impose their moral and social homogenization.

This is, almost literally, a shaggy dog story.

What does any of this have to do with the topic or what I wrote?

Come on, dog.

Short distances=cold nose.

Long distances=warm nose or sight hound.

Canā€™t you see how this explains everything?

This is why I donā€™t like your sorry ass.

We have nothing in common and you dismiss everything I say without even attempt to understand different cultures, traditions or heritage into account.

So buzz the hell off.

Are you done yet?

If you knew anything about the culture and traditions of hunting with houndsā€¦you would know precisely what Iā€™m saying.

The divide is to greatā€¦and dangers you present to our Republic.

Itā€™s why you must neverā€¦and I mean never again regain power.

Sorry, but this started as a discussion of the definition of a Republic and youā€™ve turned it into a story about hunting dogs in Washington.

Iā€™m trying to get it back on track.

I suggest if you want to talk about hunting dogs, a new thread may be your best bet.

Iā€™ll let you know when Iā€™m done.

Did you find some courage?