Report: Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress

Mmmm if it’s ironclad that could be the ballgame. But The Senate GOP would dissect any evidence with a fine toothed comb to come up with alternative explanations.

1 Like

According to the article, there’s corroborating testimony from others along with e-mail and text messages.

I wonder if anyone in the media was asked to lie or mislead the public about these maters…

interesting

1 Like

Right wing media?

Oh wow ok sorry- I didn’t get to the part that said

“The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.“

According to the Buzzfeed article there is other evidence.

1 Like

Mueller knows everything.

1 Like

It’s going to need to be a tape. And even then, a battle will be waged over its authenticity.

“Instructing to lie” will be parsed into dust. They will look for any way to say this was misconstrued.

possibly…

This will be fought to the (figurative) death.

Pure insanity.

5 Likes

Fake news. Trump told him to joke to Congress.

1 Like

A tape existing makes it more dramatic…but if you read this article, the plan to lie to congress involved others… I mean you may see a situation where Trump’s own children are confirming that he told them to lie to congress or investigators. This is going to be a lot more than Cohen’s word vs. trump’s or trying to claim a tape is legit…

1 Like

Oh wow, did I laugh like a mad bastard at this.

3 Likes

I meant to say “I don’t know why you wouldn’t tell the truth.” So that fixes it.

Heard this on Lawrence O’Donnell show while driving home. As predicted by some here (PeterGriffin in particular I recall), the serving of the search warrant on Michael Cohen’s office meant the end was near for Donny.

One hour and no sign yet of the Trumpsplainers. I wonder what the storyline tomorrow will be from the Hannitys and Limbaughs out there.

Tow Maters?

Just you wait!