REPORT: Chicago Police Chief Admits He Had ‘A Couple of Drinks’ Before Passing Out Behind the Wheel

Originally published at: REPORT: Chicago Police Chief Admits He Had ‘A Couple of Drinks’ Before Passing Out Behind the Wheel | Sean Hannity

Chicago’s top police official reportedly told Mayor Lori Lightfoot that he had “a couple of drinks” after officers found him sleeping behind the wheel of his car last week; blaming the incident on his failure to take prescribed heart medication.

“Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson admitted to Mayor Lori Lightfoot that he had ‘a couple of drinks’ Wednesday night before he fell asleep in his car after pulling over when he felt ill,” reports the Chicago Tribune.

“In remarks to reporters Thursday night, Johnson blamed the incident on his failure to take his blood pressure medication,” adds the newspaper. “Officers responding to a 911 call found him asleep in his parked car near his home in the Bridgeport neighborhood at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday.”

“How can I explain it? It’s just your body kind of gives you a warning with the high blood pressure thing that you may pass out, so I pulled over, stopped and I just rested myself until that feeling passed,” said Johnson.

“As I’ve said before, every officer, regardless of ranks, must uphold themselves to the highest standards, and that includes me,” he said.

Johnson made national headlines earlier this year during his public feud with ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett.

Read the full report at the Chicago Tribune.