Remember When Some Were Playing The Knockout Game? It's Back! And Now Someone Died

Lester Holt did a special about this in Angola, La a while back. Very interesting.

The kids parents admit their sons made a serious mistake, but dont deserve jail time. I wonder if they hold this view for police officers who kill unarmed black kids. You know, they just made a serious mistake, but dont deserve jail time.

Don’t deserve jail time?

Sounds unrepentant and lacking understanding of the severity of the offense.

I don’t think they wanted to kill. I do think they took glee in the assault and about 10 years for manslaughter as an adult is appropriate.

:policewoman:t3:

That is about where I am. I dont want them out in less than three years when he turns 18. I also dont want him to sit in prison when he is 70 for something he did at 15.

I tend to think we should implement three tiers for criminal justice. Something like 12 and under and you can be kept in confinement to 18. 13 through 23 and you can be kept in confinement for up to 12 years, and 24 and up.

1 Like

They killed a 59 year old man. Someone who still had many years of life ahead of him.

What right do they have to any kind of life when they took one and especially in the manner they did?

I understand. It is a tough call and I am certain they did not intend to kill, so manslaughter is appropriate.

This is exactly why I am not a lawyer. Nobody will feel good when this trial is over.

:policewoman:t3:

1 Like

Story update from 10 days ago.

Certainly doesn’t seem to be the “knock out game” in play here. It just seems like common nasty thuggery and assault that led to manslaughter.

What lowlifes!

They thought it was funny when they did it to the sound of roaring applause.

Not much of a ■■■■■■■ father I would gather.

Update to this story.

A man is dead, and “anger management” is the penalty.

1 Like