Remember When Some Were Playing The Knockout Game? It's Back! And Now Someone Died

I honestly haven’t heard much about this “game” since the halcyon days of the obama uniting the country. Thought/hoped it was a thing of the past, but some local teens decided to bring it back en vogue.

Hope they play it in jail for a long, long time.

:thinking:

One of them spit on the guy twice after his buddy came in with a running sucker punch. Looked pretty hateful.

So far I haven’t seen the identities of the victim or suspects released.

The people who did this are animals. They deserve a life sentence.

1 Like

No, they deserve to be executed, one day after they are found guilty in a court of law.

But why is this Obama’s fault, any more than White Nationalists dragging a black behind a car would be Trump’s fault.

1 Like

Where did anyone blame this on Obama?

The OP referenced Obama:

I honestly haven’t heard much about this “game” since the halcyon days of the obama uniting the country.

And??

And the OP clearly didn’t blame Obama for this game as you implied.

In my opinion it did, but so what?

The point of the thread is supposed to be the Knockout game.

I say people who play the “Knockout” game should be thrown in jail, and if their attack ends in death, they should be executed, too.

But considering their are only 9 posts in this thread, it doesn’t seem like anyone is interested in discussing the Knockout game.

Prayers for Mr. Weed! Prayers for his family and friends! Prayers also for the family of those who perpetrated this crime. I can’t work up any concern for the perps. Upon likely conviction they hopefully will get visited by the fullness of the law. But their family will also have to live with what they have allegedly have done, and likely will be convicted for having done. May the perps learn the error of their way and live each day of the rest of their lives in that knowledge.

They are two brothers 15 and 16 years old. They were mad that the victim wouldnt give them a dollar.

Here is more on the story:

As I understood the story, it was the 15yo that killed the man. His father is quoted as saying his son is not an animal and has never been in trouble before. He made a mistake.

I sure dont want them charged as juveniles. They cost a man his life. They should be charged as adults.

3 Likes

I agree. The father is right, his son is not an animal, an animal doesn’t do crap like that.

HItting a man - from behind - because he won’t give you a dollar.

I agree that’s the act of a despicable human, not an animal.

Hopefully tried as an adult and sent to jail for life. (Too bad he can’t be executed.)

And hopefully the victim’s family will lawyer up and sue the punk’s father for not teaching his son that hitting a man who won’t give you $1 is not the right thing to do.

They need jobs to keep young people out of trouble.

■■■■■■■ savages. Some civilized society.

Maybe no one gave them " the talk".

The prosecutor is saying that he doesnt have the authority to charge them as adults. He has to wait for the police to finish their investigation. Then he can file a waiver petition in circuit court and asking them for approval for them to be tried as adults. He further said even though the are on video spitting on the victims, they cant be charged as a hate crime. Spitting on the victim doesnt qualify as a hate crime, only misdemeanor assault.

I think maybe their should be three classifications of charges instead of two. Currently their is juvenile court and adult court. I am thinking their should perhaps be a third for Juvenile-teens. It would really bother me if this 15yo gets two and a half years until he turns 18 and then his record is expunged because he committed the crime under 18 years of age.

At the same time, I dont think he should get life w/o parole either. I think in this “Teen” classification, they should get up to 15 years or so. If other kids see their friends going away for 15 years, it may wake them up.

A local politician has called for amending hate crimes laws in Maryland.

They are probably gonna wait for an autopsy to see if there were any other contributing factors for the cause of death.

Even if they do, it wont apply in this case.

No it won’t. But I’m not a big proponent for hate crimes laws anyway.