Reincarnation Is A Possibility

I have come to believe in reincarnation, if nothing else as a way for departed souls to continue in roles they enjoyed or might have enjoyed had they gotten the opportunity, here on earth.

Physical death was the disruption in their souls’ journey, so they remain in the form of another and continue. What are your spiritual or secular beliefs with regards to life continuing after physical death?

Reincarnation opens the door to the idea that it’s all one life/soul/entity living an infinite amount of experiences in order to pass the eternity. It’s the loneliest thing I could possibly imagine, and also the most beautiful.

Surely Nancy Pelosi is living proof of reincarnation. Could any be that stupid in just one lifetime?

1 Like

A soul that failed to learn while on earth?

Could be, but if that’s the case she sure isn’t helping herself this time around either.

1 Like

I’m a believer in Heaven and Hell. Not that I can prove the existence of either, or God for that matter. But, my observation of and experience with humanity is that we are not evolving into something better.

Even within my lifetime I have seen a big change in the state of our country and society. Growing up in the 70s, I don’t remember hearing about school shootings or other mass shootings. I don’t remember hearing about trans whatever people or that men could get pregnant. While there has always been segments and people outside the norm, most people, Democrats and Republicans had the same underlying values, we all loved America…. Of course I’m trying to evoke a sense of nostalgia, which really isn’t my main point. We have become more and more selfish which I attribute to turning from God, but our selfishness seems to be progressing at a geometric rate.

I believe that without God our base, selfish nature rules us and that if we had lifetime after lifetime to live, especially if we remembered our previous lives, we would become more and more selfish, trying to achieve and attain in each successive lifetime what we failed in the last. This would make us more angry, more resentful, more desperate to achieve now- in this lifetime- not the next. Patience is a virtue we don’t seem to have much of.

We need something outside ourselves to improve. To me, that something is God, which reincarnation doesn’t have.

Some blame Empress Theodora for getting Justinian her husband to remove Reincarnation from Christianity. To her it would be like stepping down from being a “goddess” if reincarnation was real, were she to be reborn as a beggar. A total misunderstanding to begin with.

I think it went deeper then that. Devilish personalities get upset and uncomfortable when truth happens, in the mundane world They might lie and crucify you.

People in general have very little understanding of how it works. Even many people who would say they believe in reincarnation, ex: some Buddhists or Hindus, have things all mixed up. Ultimately it’s not dogma, it’s just reality. Knowing correct dogma in literal terms, doesn’t necessarily mean a person has greater faith, people in general seek out dogma rather then faith.

The mind to understand comes from deep repentance and surrender and a single mind of deep faith. Then a spiritual awakening reveals everything.

There are Buddhists who would be offended and call slander, if told Jesus was a Buddha or Bodhisattva and Christians who think it’s heresy to say that. Some Hindus would think it was heresy. The grasp of truth as it is, comes from prayer and meditation, regardless the dogma they are told to believe. When a person is having a true Awakening to the highest truth, the last thing they are thinking about is dogma.

Memory of all past lives is stored in the eighth consciousness and it can really awaken people to that experience—of memories—that and beating that Devil/Mara/Satan in the animal mind.

Then the true joy of “the kingdom of heaven is at hand,” is recognized as even being greater then you could ever imagine in the animal brain. And you have seen that a billion times before and even being stupid for lifetime after lifetime, turns out to be just innocence and loving.

When one knows these things, they also realize how difficult it is, to help awaken other people and the persecutions they will face, life after life. Giving one’s life is expiation of sins–exactly the sins you yourself committed-- That is the real meaning. A person must become like that and Grace is real. All sins can be expiated in an instant and one can leave the cycle of birth and death.

I love that concept, even if it likely means I’m going to be stuck here for quite a while if that’s the qualification needed to enter an afterlife.