Red State Brain Drain

Why post all that bull.
You just posted how it makes you angry that conservatives won’t shut up and listen to you and agree with you.
Seem to me most of your post is describing what leftist do here every day. Name calling and accuse conservatives of all sorts of vile things because of the made up believe of what conservatives are.
Seems maybe it is you who needs to listen.
Need proof look at the made-up crap being spewed about what conservative states are doing in regard to abortion laws.
We have leftist saying conservative states are going to throw women in jail for having are abortion to they are going to take birth control away from women. All of which are made up lies being stated as facts.

2 Likes

Where? Quote me.

Are you for real? Conservatives do that here constantly. How we’re all about killing babies, want to destroy the country by flooding it with immigrants, want to destroy the family by being pro-LGBTQ, want to destroy the economy by making oil illegal, want to euthanize people deemed worthless and a burden, want to get rid of all the Christians, want to eliminate “red necks”.

Don’t pee on me and tell me its raining.

Seems maybe it is you who needs to listen.

Oh, I’ve been listening.

They’re being stated as opinions, not facts. Predictions, no matter how far fetched, are not lies as they are talking about a future that hasn’t happened yet.

How you got this from my OP, I have no idea.

Seems to me just from reading this thread that all you leftist believe that conservatives are a bunch ignorant, uneducated, racist ect.

Where are you seeing this here?

I am sure it is you left wing media that has convinced you that conservatives need to be eliminated or reprogramed.

Again, wut?

So any meaningful conversation is dead on arrival because leftist don’t want to listen to what conservatives have to say They just want everyone to agree with them and if you don’t then you needed silenced.

There’s been meaningful conversation in this thread. All the rest of that is in your head.

4 Likes

I don’t know what this means.

I’m just pointing out how discussions can die when not working from the same set of realities or data.

It’s my fault. I’m sorry.

Talent goes to where the jobs are. Jobs are located where it best suits the employer (i.e. tax incentives, geographic requirements, etc…).

Will abortion laws have an impact on some people’s decisions? Perhaps, but if the choice is between dealing with “comon sense” abortion laws and a good position or having at will offspring killing and a job at Joey bag-o-donuts engineering…I think those that choose the latter likely aren’t that talented from the getgo.

3 Likes

Well when you present a false dichotomy like that, you can come to almost any conclusion you want…:sunglasses:

What’s false about it.

“At will abortion” is something supported by a very small percentage of Americans.

Most believe in abortions with limitations. Most people’s views on abortion are nuanced, not extreme dichotomy of opinion.

And NOT the limitations set by the relatively small minority of people who decided they wanted to go the other direction once they got control of SCOTUS.

I get that false dichotomies make great narratives, though.

2 Likes

I plan on trying cannabis at least one time before I die. The word is that people who smoke it are more susceptible to having covid repeat so I’ll wait.

1 Like

Word on the street seems to actually suggest cannabis smokers/vapers lower susceptibility to COVID, but potentially poorer outcomes.

The data for those studies I think came before Omicron, though…I would have to look them up again.

My science says that they have it more.

Yet, when ever there is talk of “comon sense” limits those my body my chioce extremists sure seem to have a lot of allies out there.

2 Likes

This scene from “Caddyshack,” had me in tears from laughing so hard

Psst…

That does not apply to the states.

Within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States,

The term “special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States”, as used in this title, includes:

(1)The high seas, any other waters within the admiralty and maritime jurisdiction of the United States and out of the jurisdiction of any particular State,

What “sensible limits” have the right proposed?

Six weeks (based on the phony idea there is a “heartbeat” then) and no exceptions for rape and incest are NOT “sensible limits”.

I’m pretty sure that is just in reference to the punishments listed in that same section:

Personally, I think Youngkin’s ideaof 15 week with certain exceptions is sensible. Of coarse it’s not that sensible to the extremists though, so there is that.

6 Likes

Nope—not your fault. Plus, all threads devolve. :slight_smile:

Speaking of extremists, seems a few congress criters got themselves arrested during insurrection 2.0.