Red State Brain Drain

I understand that you need to feel this way, but the numbers don’t hold up.

On a statewide level, Texas and Florida have higher crime rates than New York or California.

Similarly, the big cities in Florida and Texas (Dallas, Austin, Orlando, Miami) have higher crime rates than New York City, Los Angeles or San Francisco.

1 Like

If I move to Arkansas, I can have the benefits of a high crime rate and no abortion access!

5 Likes

Oh ok…

So this really didn’t happen?

“On Tuesday, coincidentally the 46th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the New York State Senate passed the Reproductive Health Act, and it was signed into law by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The law, which is likely the most expansive abortion bill in the country, allows late-term abortion until the baby’s due date if it meets certain requirements. Not only is this kind of legal protection of late-term abortion an affront to the humanity of the unborn and the dignity of society, but New York celebrated it publicly, as if it had just won the Super Bowl…When the bill passed, video shows the assembly chamber erupting into cheers, with politicians and audience members applauding the bill as if it were a victorious symbol of strength.” Disgusting: New York not only legalized late-term abortions, but also celebrated like it won the Super Bowl - Washington Examiner

Sorry but you pro abort people lost me and you ain’t getting me back.

But keep pleading your case if you think it’s important…I enjoy good comedy.

1 Like

And your state will in turn lose talented individuals to other states without the chance of getting to them back

1 Like

This was a gem from the idiot former Virginia Governor…

“Northam is either unaware of the specifics of the bill, or he’s lying about them. Tran’s legislation explicitly removes the current requirement that three physicians agree that a woman is in need of a late-term abortion. The new bill would require only the consent of the mother and of the physician performing the abortion. But he went on to say something even more heinous.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” he continued. “The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Anyway I’ve got better things to do than laugh at regressives…have a lovely day.

1 Like

Hmmm…

And uh… you live you Arkansas

I’ve been thinking about this as well - I don’t know what the end result will be, but I think the first indicators will be in education.

1 Like

Whenever I read comments like this about late-term abortions, especially from men, I always wonder: Do these people think women get pregnant, carry the pregnancy to term (and all that entails), and then—on some evil or capricious whim, abetted by murderous, blood-lusting liberal healthcare workers—suddenly say, “Oh, yeah! I so want to abort this! I just love abortions!”

Anyway, we’re totally off topic, as is required with anything about abortion.

5 Likes

My mother bought into this nonsense take on it.

He was obviously talking about giving palliative care to a dying baby after birth.

Honestly, if I was 18 and thinking about college, this would absolutely factor into my decision.

3 Likes

Are those convictions?

Also what else do most of those states have in common?

This is where you call me a racist now.

4 Likes

Like the Northam interview… they have to lie about what the laws are.

1 Like

What do they have in common?

Like… what does Alaska have in common with Nevada?

Take California for example…they have so much crime there that 75 percent of it no longer gets reported…knowing that prosecutors not going to do a ■■■■■■■ thing about it.

Just more of libs manipulating stats.

1 Like

You’re big boy…figure it out.

1 Like

Feefees

2 Likes

Sorry if your feeling were hurt.

Don’t be modest… tell us what those states have in common?

Here’s a thought: it’s obvious that you assumed incorrectly that blue states with more lenient abortion restrictions would clearly and uniformly have higher crime rates. (and if you didn’t, why make the comment?)

What you could do is say: Gee, I didn’t know that. Or even: That gives me something to think about. Instead, you invent a response from me out of thin air that has nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread.

7 Likes