Red Flag Law Misuse in Florida

Don’t get me wrong, I love Grady Judd, but using red flag laws to “send a message” is misuse of the law.

—So why are Florida’s kids getting hit with “red flag” orders?

Polk County Judge Bruce Smith attributed the number of orders against children to “the aggressive nature of our sheriff’s department.”

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told the outlet that the orders are meant to serve as a message to parents. “First, it’s to put the parents on notice that you got to do a really good job at securing your firearms, so your children can’t get to it,” Judd said, “and number two, it’s putting the parents on notice about your kid’s got an issue here.”—

This is how a Florida Man is made.

I see a lot of abuse here but it’s in the law itself and the judges issuing the orders.

The Sheriff has no choice but to serve the papers and take the firearms once they get to his/her office.

I believe the SO went to the judge to get the order.

"Polk County Judge Bruce Smith attributed the number of orders against children to “the aggressive nature of our sheriff’s department.”

Good. 8 year olds need to get a taste of law and order.

If that is the case then the Sheriff may have some splainin to do.

Perhaps he’s showing the absurdity of the law?

Could be.

Judd is a Law and Order Sheriff. Makes no bones about busting criminals and pulls no punches,

Which is why It think there’s more to this than we’re seeing on the surface. If I remember right he’s been very outspoken on gun and carry rights in the past.

1 Like