Recession? Who says?

LOL
Perfect timing.
That old coot has been enriching himself and his corrupt family on the taxpayers dime for nearly 50 years. He doesn’t know the difference between a recession and a wet fart.

3 Likes

I think we should redefine “environmental crisis” and “pandemic.”

There is no recession.
There is not environmental crisis.
There is no pandemic.

See? Easy peasy. The government can now tale the rest of the year off.

2 Likes

They have a media propaganda apparatus that the Soviets would have envied. Just look at the attempts to redefine “Recession” everywhere today - they’re actually spinning this high tax climate change spending bill as a “win,” just about everywhere.

2 Likes

Our plan is coming along nicely! Soon not only the economy, but the entire country itself will be destroyed. Bummer that is going to mess up the retirement I was hoping to take in a couple of years as well as my granddaughter’s entire future, but, hey, this is the only way we can take control of the country. It will be so worth it. Sorry, Republicans.

Oh NO it did not say that did it?

(I am not sure if this belongs on the recession thread or the pronoun thread.)

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1552587165372071936?s=20&t=iBNHDRWpclMeiG09o1tbJQ

Maybe he was watching some M-SHE-U movies before that interview. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

lol… they were still calling it the covid recession long after it ended.

3 Likes

in a quarter with 38% growth we needed him to pull us out of a “recession”. in order to do it, what he didn’t tell us, is he’d have to start one first

1 Like

oh i know… enough to make your head explode

that’s why i say “it’s torture for the thinking man”

7 Likes

7 Likes

everyone knows we are in mild recession right now. small negative growth for the first 2 quarters of 2022. business investment pulling back. consumer spending down. a classic recession.

Allan

LOL Jimmy. Your retirement might be postponed more than a couple of years!
And your granddaughter will be cussing you and your generation out for being suckers for the scam her generation will be paying for.
Anyone believing the goobermint can control inflation or buying their way out of a recession with billions in spending is a moron.

actually thats exactly how you get yourself out of a recession, increase spending. there was no covid money in the economy the first half or this year (hence the economy shunk) unlike 2021 when covid funds were available

Allan

Democrats redefining language on this issue, as all good Marxists do to serve their needs.

2 Likes

Uh oh even late night comedy is not buying the new definition. There goes the young vote. To be honest they won’t change parties just not vote.

1 Like

ces·sion /ˈseSHən/

the formal giving up of rights, property, or territory by a state.
“the cession of twenty important towns”

and

re·ces·sion /rəˈseSH(ə)n/
doing it again

1 Like

NOW Colbert goes bold, after the charges were dropped against his staff of insurrectionists.

2 Likes

2 Likes

America still suffers from a crisis of corporate profits.
corporate profits remain far too low to sustain value in

• the retirement funds of teachers, cops, etc.
  • the endowments of colleges
  • the portfolios from which medical and other insurance is paid

1 Like