Rand Paul and remdesivir

Are you a US senator that knew this was a pandemic before the general public knew this was a pandemic?

because Rand Paul was.

In Feb 2020?

He’s a libertarian Conservative. Now tell me how libertarian conservative thinks?

You didn’t know back in Feb 2020. We actually have threads here.

1 Like

Are you OK with the others who appear to be doing the same thing?

Or is this just Rand you are all jacked up about for some reason?

Yes. Perhaps Rand Paul was looking at what was actually going on in China and the US in January and February 2020 instead of listening to the misinformation campaign from the mainstream media that “the flu is a bigger threat” and “the coronavirus is just a distraction from impeachment”.

The information was out there even if social media and the major news outlets were doing their best to downplay the significance. If you doubt that, just take a look at his thread with links to articles from that period.

1 Like

No.

I think it should be illegal for congress folks to trade individual stocks.

And you?

■■■■ don’t hit the fan here until late march. I remember because I was on a long planned trip right when the shut downs started.

Strange days…lots of crazy stories for that weekend…

I’m not fond of the insider trading we see. Always been my position.

So why are we focusing on just one Congresscritter?

1 Like

It was common knowledge that remdesivir was undergoing trials early on treating China patients. Here’s a link. February 3, 2020.

Paul’s wife bought the stock February 26th.

Also, as I mentioned before, everyone was buying the stock at the time in hopes that they would be first with a vaccine. That’s what my stock lady said at the time. I passed on it.

3 Likes

My understanding is that insider trading is legal for members of congress. That should change.

I suspect that bogus charges against Paul and his wife are intended to deflect from further examination of dubious trades by Pelosi and her husband.

3 Likes

Do a search for Covid 19 in google for articles prior to Feb 26,2020. You can set the search period covered in google. Now tell me, after seeing what was known and being discussed about Covid-19 before that time, that there was some hidden knowledge about the seriousness of this problem.

Yes ,and that is why the stock is worth less now than when she bought it.

Precisely…we all knew. The OP should have known it too but hatred got in his way.

Oh BS…are you forgetting where I live?

First case reported was on Jan 21st. First death was on Feb 29th in which I reported.

Want to BS me some more?

2 Likes

It appears to be working with a certain set of people based on the fact this thread exists while ignoring every other congress critter who did the same thing.

So when Hunter Biden makes millions from foriegn companies off his father’s name and influence, no big deal (not to mention the Clinton’s, the Obama’s, the Pelosi’s, etc.), but once you find a Republican who does something a bit shady then you get your parties in an uproar.

From what I have read neither he nor his wife had bought stock in an individual company for at least 10 years.

Wasn’t the 26th February, 2020 the date when Donald Trump said publicly that the USA had 15 cases and soon it would be zero?

You are correct. Now what did Paul know that was not known to the general public on that date? That would seem to be the critical question to,ask if we are arguing inside information (at least on a moral basis).
By the way, Feb 26, according to the NYTs dated Feb 26, was the very day that the CDC stated publicly that Americans should prepare for a wider outbreak of Covid 19. Do you think that public statement might have lead someone to buy a pharmaceutical stock on that day?