'Racist' Tweet From Republican Joe Visconti Draws Fire From Democratic and GOP Leaders

Ok by me. I don’t have any problem disavowing what you post.

Why should anyone take your disavowal seriously when you have me out here representing you?

1 Like

I’ll leave that up to them. Just like I do now.

Listen. I realize it’s uncomfortable for conservative Americans to look at where the majority of their brethren are right now, but this is the path that they took. They saw the way Trump behaved and not only accepted it, but embraced it as “telling it like it is”.

The Democrats last elected a decent, honorable man in Barack Obama.

The Republicans countered with a lazy, boorish, philandering liar in Donald Trump.

If you want to know why political discourse is the way it is, look no further than that.

1 Like

You deflect to it in a specific topic. My “deflection” was a sarcastic/ironic comment on how you deal with these threads. In individual threads it’s okay to denounce something/someone without somehow justifying it or justifying not denouncing it. At least since 11/16.

Yeah…I know…it’s different.

There it is. And the bolded is EXACTLY what you’re doing. You guys cannot bring yourselves to stop making excuses for bad players on your team. Democrats have no problem doing that, evidenced by ohknow’s thread yesterday. It’s how you guys win. Circle the wagons and deflect. It may be working now but it’s going to bite your credibility in the ass later.

BLM’s stated purpose is to combat perceived systemic racism by the police. Your constant concern trolling that they don’t do enough about black on Black violence is like going to a breast cancer event and asking them why they don’t care about AIDS.

We see you.

I’m not much for the “you guys” meme so what bad players am I making up excuses for?

Why can’t you just say that what Joe V said was stupid and gross and discredits him? What will you say when the Trump N tape comes out?

“Black lives matter”…ok, that’s what I was addressing. I hope you can “see” that?

What does that have to do with it? They formed after a specific number of specific incidents and have a specific mission statement on their specific website. It doesn’t mean they don’t “care” about black on black crime, it’s just not the focus of that particular organization. Constantly deflecting to “why don’t they work on this thing **I ** Think is important” is just weird.

They did in CT…good for them.

Their implication was that excessive police force was based on race. Although I agree that police force is sometimes excessive and they began the discussion on this subject, the excessive force was not based on race. The largest contributing factor is NOT explicitly following police orders and being combative. If they were actually concerned with black lives, they would look in the mirror and see that their culture has a lot to do with what they are protesting.

Absolutely.

Ok fine. But now you’ve started a third or fourth distraction from the topic at hand. Joe Visconti is a bigot and a simpleton and shouldn’t be in elected office. The end.

1 Like

it’s a game plan. really effective too.

taking funny to a whole new level. answering ones self.

brilliant.

okay, everyone should point out Trump’s tweets to this poster, one at a time, and ask if they’re controversial or hateful. that would really answer a LOT of questions.

No, sir, you are brilliant.

1 Like

It’s racist. I hope he loses in a landslide.