Racially motivated attack at BLM protest in Seattle?

Yeah they sure do don’t they? :rofl:

UPDATE: The driver appeared in court and bail was set at $1.2 million.

Kelete is originally from Eritrea and is a U.S. citizen, Browne said. He lives with his family in Seattle, and they’re very religious, he said. Kelete was the owner of the Jaguar XJL and was alone in the car, according to a Washington State Patrol report submitted to the court late Saturday. . .The state patrol had closed a section of I-5 for 19 days in a row because of the protesters, troopers said. It had been closed to traffic for more than an hour before the crash.

It appears he was charged with vehicular assault, which is a felony. Here is the statute:
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.522

Logically he could also face charges for vehicular homicide:
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.520

Eritrea is about evenly split between Muslims and Christians. Dawit corresponds to “David” in Ethiopian, and the name is consistent with a Christian background.

It is not clear why the police would allow protestors to close the interstate nightly for 19 days before the crash rather than arresting or blocking them. Nor is clear why the driver would bypass police barricades and drive through a closed highway at a high speed.

A search of CNN shows no mention of the driver’s name. No surprise there.

In a related story, a Seattle detective has been placed on leave after making remarks online critical of protesters. The detective happens to be a cousin of Governor Inslee:

There are lots of questions and not a lot of answers. I suspect that the authorities know more than what is reported in the media.

1 Like

Protesting on the freeway is stupid

I agree.

What responsibility do protesters and police have for allowing it to happen nightly for over two weeks?

Has BLM expressed outrage over one of their white women supporters getting mowed down by a black driver at a BLM function??

The Deputy is guilty of wrongspeak.

My understanding is that many Ethiopians consider themselves “white”, and they consider northern Europeans to be “pink”. That actually makes more sense on some level.

If there is some way to label the driver as a white guy, CNN would be running with the story with wall-to-wall coverage. Similar things have happened before:

1 Like

You kidding me?

The founder of BLM “prays for help to not kill white people”.

The largely white membership of BLM are nothing but useful idiots to her.

Kelete’s lawyer, John Henry Browne, said the crash was a “horrible, horrible accident” and was not intentional.

“There’s absolutely nothing political about this case whatsoever,” Browne told The Associated Press. “My client is in tears. He’s very remorseful. He feels tremendous guilt.”

■■■■■■■■■ Jaguars, they have a mind of their own. I’m never wasting any of my money on one.