Proof of god is a moral question. Do you see the morals shown for god as good or evil?

Proof of god is a moral question. Do you see the morals shown for god as good or evil?

Religions tout themselves as being the final word in moral issues, even though secular law has rejected as too barbaric most of those laws. Not that they were original to Christianity as many of the older traditions had variants of the same laws.

To me, a moral god would cure and never kill. That is the position Jesus took towards the non-believers.

Jesus said to love all people including your enemies and if Jesus is Yahweh then he too must love all and save all just as Jesus would.

Jesus would say that God killing instead of curing is evil.

Jesus would say that God curing instead of killing is good.

If god cures instead of killing then there is no hell as a good god or Jesus would have no use for purposeless torture and death.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

People of the Old Testament did not need to be told that God is good and holy. Compared to God, they saw themselves as wicked and unworthy, deserving of grave punishments.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How many do you know thought of themselves as genocidal son murdering pricks?

It is your god who deserves grave punishments.

Tell us how you can stomach Yahweh. Christians can’t seem to answer that simple question.

Regards
DL

First of all. They don’t owe you an answer. You are 100 percent free to believe as you please. And so are they. Ain’t America great!!!

Secondly, Have you ever posed this question to Muslims? Ask one how he can stomach Allah.

There are many gods.

Are you referring to the God of the Christian Bible?

I’d be interested in knowing that, too.

Allah seems to be as psycho as God.

1 Like

Pffft.

You were sold in making it great again, from a low mark, and have deteriorated ever since. You are now the laughing stock of the world.

[quote=“altair1013, post:4, topic:200562”]
Secondly, Have you ever posed this question to Muslims? Ask one how he can stomach Allah.[/quote]

Yes, and run from it just as fast as you did.

Not surprising as both religions grew with inquisitions and jihads as they then, like now, do not have decent moral arguments to convert with.

Just as now, where you show you are devoid of any decent apologetics.

You do my work of discrediting you and your vile religion for me.

Regards
DL

Try reading the O.P.
Regards
DL

No, I do not see proof of god as a moral question. Creation implies a creator.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that–and shudder. James 2: 19

And what vile religion would that be? And don’t blame your bigotry on anybody but yourself. You own it. Your hate is your own problem. You just need to find a healthy way to deal with it. I won’t discredit you. I know you’re struggling. Best of luck. I actually hope you succeed.

The projection is strong with this one.

You obviously have not read Revelation or studied the bible well. Jesus will and has executed justice on God’s behalf.

I did read the OP. You did not capitalize the word Bible. I guess my point was too subtle.

I’m an atheist, but I capitalize the Bible because that’s how others tell that you’re referring to the Bible, and not someone’s bible on how to fish, or take care of your bike, etc.

Revelation does not belong in the Bible, though I suppose it may in the bible.

There’s supposed to be two witnesses to everything, right? And the author of Revelation had just had too many mushrooms in the desert.

1 Like

Creation implies a creator.
OK, there is a creator who has vast bio/engineering/physics skills. (The creation seems to work quite well without constant adjusting, well designed.)

But when religion comes in, the priests (and their buddy the King) try to claim that the creator’s engineering skills makes that creator an authority on morality. And they claim that the priests (and their buddy the King) know the mind of this creator in regards to moral teaching.

Creation may imply a creator. But creation doesn’t imply that this creator’s moral scheme are a good idea.

Further thought. Even though the world bears marks of being created, that doesn’t imply that the world is what the creator sought. Consider planing a board smooth, both the board and the shavings bear marks of being created. Is our universe the board the creator was interested in or is it a shaving, an uninteresting byproduct?

1 Like

Revelation ties in with the rest of the bible Paul writes about visions he had as has Ezekiel and Daniel.

That is not what I believe at all but go away if all you want to do is put your lies into my mouth.

Regards
DL

On Jesus dying for you.

You have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil you make Jesus to keep your feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, — so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, — is immoral. To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

You also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh. Satan applauds you though as you are doing her work.

Regards
DL

If Paul, Ezekiel and Daniel had “visions” that no one else saw, it’s just hearsay.

Revelation is just a screed tacked on to the end of the Bible to help Christians convert nonbelievers with that threat - love your loving God or he’ll send you to hell.

But sons and daughters have been bearing the iniquity of the parents (Adam and Eve) as cursed upon them by God.

So this is a contradiction in the Bible.