Presidential ethical reform going forward

Yep now, for liberals, we have ethics problems. Their partisan noses are so long they can’t see pass them.

Your going to need a constitutional amendment for 99% of that.

Not only that, you will cut down the number of candidates by about 99%.

Imagine a field of 10+ candidates that have to do that. Going to really screw all of them especially those that don’t get the nomination and have absolutely nothing to fall back on.

Yes it is.

Your going to eliminate nearly every candidate. If you don’t win, you have NOTHING to fall back on but maybe a stack of cash if your lucky.

No this is about punishing people who want to serve their country.

Do you realize how hard it is to sell a small business in 30 days? Can you imgine trying to sell a multi million or multi billion dollar business in 30 days. You’d be lucky to get pennies on the dollar.

Then you need to apply that to 435 other people.

I would prefer non career politicians.

Me too. Professional politicians and business as usual are a big problem for this country.

1 Like

I agree. I want to see Bezos run for President in this new era of no guardrails. Should be fun to see what he can do with Amazon behind him

Yeah look how well that’s been working out.

2 Likes

Look at how well things have worked out for decades with career politicians in congress and as president.

You’re advocating for politicians to have financial and ethical conflicts of interest. I’m not sure you can jump high enough on that rhetorical trampoline to get on that high horse.

1 Like

Do you prefer non career doctors? Electricians? Plumbers? Teachers?

You would prefer a new crop of politicians/legislators every few years, with little or no experience in doing their job?

In general, it has worked pretty well. A lot of good laws were passed, and we have progressed as a society in many ways Of course, the last 4 decades have not been the best in a few areas, especially the economy.

Reaganomics/conservative ideology—AKA trickle down has wreaked havoc on the middle class. Then again, that was their plan.

Then there was also Gingrich, who slashed the budgets of congressional committees, which employed thousands of professionals with long and deep institutional memories. They were basically replaced with lobbyists.

He was forced to step down years later, but the damage was done.

No I’m not.

It should work that way with anyone elected at the federal level. You should not be able to use government to enrich yourself or allow others to influence your loyalty by holding your international wealth hostage.

I would also approve a ban on lobbying from former officials for ten years after leaving office.

Wow you and trump agree on something. I think trump said 5 years instead of 10. But he said something similar.

Every Politician should be audited every two years to include family, put an end to this Biden garbage.

Trump said a lot of things during the campaign that I did agree with I just didn’t believe that he was being truthful.

Getting rid of NAFTA
Ending the wars
Rebuilding our manufacturing base

So far he’s only managed to pass tax cuts which I didn’t agree with.

Really now, what’s your opinion on Trump wanting the G7 held at one of his golf courses, which will directly enrich him?

This I have to strongly object to. Regardless of your opinion of the merit of various policies, NOBODY, R or D, has deliberately or maliciously proceeded to destroy the middle class or attempted to do so in a deliberate manner.

Has unintentional damage occurred as a result of policies of either party, yes.

But NOBODY has the intention of destroying the middle class. That would be irrational. A healthy middle class is in the interest of both parties and in the interest of the upper class.