President Trump ending birth tourism?

It is bonkers to assume that citizenship is passed down by the father.

It is almost like this argument became popular in certain circles around a certain time when this blog post in question was written.

Just get immigration under control so that the country isn’t filled with people who have no right to be here. That is the reason birthright citizenship is even an issue.

Pointing to some random persons blog doesn’t mean that the argument is valid, only that it has been made.

That blog is super crazy. I suggest everyone go and see why people find the arguments so compelling.

But it doesn’t have to be not should it be, that’s my point. If it is such a great thing why does 80% of the rest of the world and just about every other industrialized nation offer it?

Obviously Lman Trumbull was just trying to get Obama out of office.

I love how this argument falls flat to some when it comes to how to pay for health care.

The rest of the world isn’t like the US.

Our version of what is and isn’t “American” isn’t like saying that something is “German” or “Irish” etc.

This happens with every wave of immigrants in our history.

There is always an other to exclude until they aren’t excluded anymore.

Neither of which is an excuse to go to the front of the line.

1 Like

Nope. But when one has to go dogging back into the 1800’s and ignore the subsequent 100+ years of history and jurisprudence to make a really dumb argument it isn’t a good look.

Birth right citizenship comes from the father.

■■■■ me.

Is there ANYTHING in my post suggesting she would, or should, go to the front of the line? Nope! But don’t be surprised if she takes a certain action to keep from being put at the back of the line.

The court has never ruled other than complete jurisdiction being required. There is no such thing as 100+ years of jurisprudence granting citizenship to the children of illegal aliens.

Anchor babies are a work around to get to the front of the line

1 Like

We have birthright citizenship. Full Stop.

Citizenship is not passed down through the father. Full Stop.

Children born within the borders of the United States are under the jurisdiction of the United States. They are under no one else’s jurisdiction. Full Stop.

If one wants to change that, then the Constitution must be changed. Full Stop.

The only way it will go to court is if someone is dumb enough to make an executive order… because it will never get through Congress.

And anyone dumb enough to make that executive order will lose.

Argue all you want.

You might as well be screaming into the sky.

So EVERY pregnant woman wanting to come here is just looking to drop anchor, eh? And they should all be turned away? Well, I have news for everybody. Many will be wanting to come here for other reasons. And many will take a certain means not to automatically be turned away. If everybody is okay with that then so be it.

People who support anti-immigration policies have already lost their anti-abortion bona fides to begin with.

They are doing what they accuse pro choices of doing…valuing some life over others.

At 8 months.

Desperate people will always do desperate things. Like I said: If everybody is okay with it then so be it.

I have no idea in what way your post is in a response to mine? What does your post have do with why virtually every other industrialized nation doesn’t have birthright citizenship?

Who cares what they have?

We have it.

Don’t want it, got to change the Constitution… and that is not happening anytime soon.

Really shouldn’t be shocked considering the source

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: now we’re talking!