President Trump Announces ‘Permanent Ceasefire’ in Syria, Eases Sanctions on Turkey

Originally published at: President Trump Announces ‘Permanent Ceasefire’ in Syria, Eases Sanctions on Turkey | Sean Hannity

President Trump announced a “permanent ceasefire” between Turkey and Kurdish forces in northern Syria Wednesday; lifting sanctions on Ankara that were imposed following their invasion of the war-torn country.

“President Trump announced on Wednesday that conditions have been met between Turkey and the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) for what he called a ‘permanent ceasefire’ between the two sides and that the United States is lifting sanctions on Ankara that were implemented following the invasion of northern Syria,” reports Fox News.

“I do believe it will be permanent,” said the President. “This was an outcome created by us, the United States, and nobody else…we’ve done something very, very special”

“Big success on the Turkey/Syria Border. Safe Zone created! Ceasefire has held and combat missions have ended. Kurds are safe and have worked very nicely with us. Captured ISIS prisoners secured. I will be making a statement at 11:00 A.M. from the White House. Thank you!” Trump teased on social media before the announcement.

Big success on the Turkey/Syria Border. Safe Zone created! Ceasefire has held and combat missions have ended. Kurds are safe and have worked very nicely with us. Captured ISIS prisoners secured. I will be making a statement at 11:00 A.M. from the White House. Thank you!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 23, 2019

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.