Potential timeline for further Kavanaugh nomination proceedings

come 2020 i fully expect the dems will expand teh court to nullify kavenaugh…

I look forward to justice obama

Obama would be an idiotic choice.

And I don’t mean that as an affront or insult against the man.

He is not close to being the Democrats best choice.

Not close to being the best black male choice.

In any event, Obama will turn 60 in August of 2021. An incoming Democratic President will clearly look for somebody younger.

The Dems are doing something.

This may be just another desperation stunt. Or it could be something huge - I literally have no idea anymore in today’s world.

Rumors swirling its about a woman - possibly an attempt to #MeToo Kavenaugh, but another rumor says it’s about blackmail and debt.

We’ll see by next Thursday I guess.

Garland hearts this posts.

1 Like

@Safiel , so what could potential delays for this Thursday’s vote do to the timeline?

did i say barack??? i meant michelle :slight_smile:

I believe Joanne has criticized McConnell many times for his dereliction of duty regarding the Scalia vacancy/Garland nomination.

.>>>>

She may have. I don’t remember. The vast majority of right wingers on this forum did not.

:shrug:

Your post appeared to try to paint her with a hypocrisy brush, one - if memory serves me - which isn’t warranted.

.>>>>

Same answer, just substituting female articles for male articles. While she is about three years younger than Barack, she will still effectively be too old in 2021. Additionally, there are a FAR better pool of candidates currently serving on the Courts of Appeal and there are plenty of black female choices out there with far better bona fides.

This will stop things cold. Jeff Flake who is a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee has already called for a delay and the nomination cannot be reported to the floor without his vote. Grassley may simply have to yank the nomination off the agenda.

That would effectively kill any chances of a confirmation prior to the election.

Ketanji Brown Jackson has immeasurably far better bona fides than Michelle Obama and she about 6 or 7 years younger.

Here is her FJC Bio profile

(Note to Mods: As a work of the United States federal government, the below is in the public domain. Attribution is given to the Federal Judicial Center.)

Born 1970 in Washington, DC

Federal Judicial Service:
Judge, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Nominated by Barack Obama on January 4, 2013, to a seat vacated by Henry Harold Kennedy, Jr. Confirmed by the Senate on March 23, 2013, and received commission on March 26, 2013.

Education:
Harvard University, B.A., 1992
Harvard Law School, J.D., 1996

Professional Career:

Law clerk, Hon. Patti B. Saris, U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1996-1997
Law clerk, Hon. Bruce M. Selya, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 1997-1998
Private practice, Washington, D.C., 1998-1999, 2002-2003, 2007-2010
Law clerk, Hon. Stephen G. Breyer, Supreme Court of the United States, 1999-2000
Private practice, Boston, Massachusetts, 2000-2002
Assistant special counsel, U.S. Sentencing Commission, 2003-2005
Assistant federal public defender, District of Columbia, 2005-2007
Vice chair, U.S. Sentencing Commission, 2010-2014

There was talk Flake was going to withhold his vote to show Trump how things work.