Posting consecutive posts

So I just got a pop stating I cant do more than 3 posts in a row in a topic…because I’m in the elephant thread and reading through all 600 posts…responding as I go…and now I cant…

It’s like are you trying to make this forum less enjoyable?

So a setting that has existed since the day this forum was created is now construed as “you’re trying to make this forum less enjoyable.” I’ve bumped it up to ten without first taking a look at your responses. I’ll be back.

1. saying the argument of a human being has no right to take the life of another human being no matter how developed isn’t well thought out. You give no reason of your own so your post is simply ridicule.

2. You’ve managed to wedge slavery into the conversation insinuating racism. That one was deleted for trolling.

3. Calling a poster an authoritarian. Also deleted for making it about the poster.

I’d say the software is doing a pretty good job of handling hit pieces and avoiding a barrage of insulting posts towards other posters. I’m dropping it back down to 5. Perhaps I’ll only have to get rid of 3 next time. Get your batting average up and I’ll consider bumping it back to 10.

1 Like

I’ve never encountered this feature before and I’ve done a few string posts before…

1. that’s neat
  2. I didnt bring up slavery…read the thread before you go making accusations of what I brought up…slavery was brought up looooong before I got into that thread.
    3)that’s how he debates…from an authorian model.
    If thats an insult then I’ve lost hope for humanity.

It’s easy to get around this problem just by highlighting what you want to quote.

And then scroll down to other posts and highlight them

Why it will only be abused in some fashion or another…but mostly for trolling.

Seems to me it didn’t take long to learn why to was set to three in first place. :wink:

And now you guys can see how easy to reply to as many post as your little hearts desire into single post. And everyone that I quoted will be notified that I quoted you.:smiley:

Cool thing happened when they fixed the editing on this board

You can go back and add new posts/quotes to your post and it even bumps it back up top on main board/page…will do a test once I hit enter.

Your religion isn’t my problem now isn’t it?

Note to self…I guess it doesn’t bump it back up top on main page.

2 Likes

3 is too little…typically it isnt an issue because nobody really goes and reads a 600 post thread ya know? Very few of us do that… so typically someone posts in between posts so it never comes up…

Also all that work conan is against my religion