Pope says "Don't eat so much"

Pope Francis is calling for austerity.

The pope urges all to adopt a simpler, more austere lifestyle.

“We must examine our habits of energy usage, consumption, transportation, and diet,” he states.

Francis himself is fat. What do we do with that?

It could also mean, “don’t eat too little,” or, “eat healthy and well-balanced meals.” Take care of your body, for it is a temple of the Lord.

We know, We know… Baby Boomers can’t hear any advice on anything without condemning the person.

2 Likes

Not being a Baby Boomer, I wouldn’t know. You must be talking about yourself.

First, he doesn’t appear that fat. Second, adopting a diet is not at all synonymous with saying cut down your food intake - it could actually mean the opposite.

1 Like

The doctors told him to eat fewer carbs.
Austerity in diet means less food.

It’s okay, you can be an honorary BB.

He’s right too. Most people need to eat less.

Including him.

You’re an everyday Sherlock Holmes.

Sherlock Holmes wasn’t a Baby Boomer either. :grinning:

Pope is right. :man_shrugging:

Not sure what you’re looking for here.

Fat? Meh

What do we do with that? Examine our own consumption behaviors. It doesn’t take a statement of the obvious from the Pope for us to do that.

1 Like

Your perception of this is highly inaccurate.

Isn’t gluttony one of the 7 Deadly Sins?

Just like with Michelle Obama (although we know what that was more about) it’s weird how if someone says “hey quit being such a disgusting fatbody” people get all jammed up about it.

Is this because of some kind of anti Catholic bias that people object to it? That’s still a thing in the US.

1 Like

It takes a lot of resources to get meat on your grocery shelf. Resources that could have become calories for human consumption much more efficiently.

It’s not Pc to fat shame.

I don’t care what or how much the Pope or ANYONE eats if it has the four basic food groups: sugar, salt, fat & caffeine.

Just got mine with a large chili with saltines & fries washed down with a Pepsi.

Pope says “Eat more homily grits”