Political realignment is well underway

Yeah. Craziness. There was a story two or three years ago when this became obvious. The times lost control of the staff. The Atlantic is headed that way.

They are reacting to what the President means. They need to take a deep breath and exhale. Either in November or in 2024. The world isn’t ending. Something is but it’s not the world. What did people think was going to happen after a decade and a half social liberal victories and an attempt to make government healthcare. This presidency is reactionary. It’s also temporary. People and specifically those from my side of my the aisle need to accept that

It’s awesome that people are being forced to resign because they allowed someone from the right to speak. I’m loving it. Just reinforces my viewpoint of them.

1 Like

It’s far beyond Trump’s presidency though.

Someone from NPR wrote something about “problematic” books and some others are suggesting banning law enforcement shows from television.

1 Like

You’re loving it now. And how do you feel about those people being possibly in charge of the country for the next few decades ? Yes, it’s very plausible.

He’s admitting Trump is reacting to them and their policies.

To conservative members you see what he’s saying? They will continue their march at first opportunity…just be patient.

This is wy we must have that realignment and rewrite our policies.

Otherwise they will continue their march to authoritarian state.

May be. I don’t know. They burned bras back in the 70s my wife still wears one.

I am not trying to be all “chill maan”. I understand the concern, i just feel like the bigger picture shows us that the actual loud mouths are just that loud people with mouths. Ayn Rand ideology no more controls this country than some moron saying we should take police shows off tv.

LOL…

Fun times back then.

1 Like

Not quite. Those who advise and those who voted for him are. But sure since the bucks stops with the President (this one time) it’s him.

You know it’s funny, i knew that all this blue wave red wave we never gonna lose our party is on the way to total domination (whichever party) when through the nonsense Florida goes and elects a gop governor and senator. Literally nothing has changed

It’s why i agree with you @W_and_C trump may very well win.

1 Like

Mmmmm. I read a book not long ago with beginnings like that…

1984 is around the corner maaan (i know you are talking about a different book) but it was Huxley who won the great dystopian debate.

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Yes lifting his Twitter fingers… there is realignment alright. Trump has the current Republican Party by the ■■■■■

Aren’t we already heading that way with Trump? Or you just don’t take him seriously?

I think this philosophical discussion might be out of reach. Just saying.

:wink:

1 Like

Fahrenheit 451 ?

1 Like

It doesn’t look good for him past couple of weeks but if anyone can rally and sell, it’s Donnie.

You aren’t having one in this thread. It’s self congratulatory without any proof that you are right.

What evidence do you have that there is a realignment around conservativism?

Why do you say it really doesn’t look good for him?

People will and be reminded of burned out buildings, authoritarians that sent people into their homes.

Those things effect every Americans. They’re not going to forget.

Why do you say it really doesn’t look good for him?

Polling trends, losing support among his base even. He’s looked weak, trying to tweet his way out of a crisis. Even Breitbart wrote about this:

People will and be reminded of burned out buildings, authoritarians that sent people into their homes.

Those things effect every Americans. They’re not going to forget.

Yes, I agree - this’ll give him fodder later in the summer and in the fall. Law and Order campaign.

It’s always been like that at the times. Hell they allowed moveon.org a discounted rate on an attack ad that they later stated violated their standards. Nobody was forced out over that. I just know they’re far left and always will be.