Police just arrested 57 white supremacists in huge criminal bust

Just based on that map alone, the south seemed very safe for black people. Much safer than in the north or anywhere else in the U.S. Thanks for letting us know this.

Or maybe the lynching of blacks was most common where large populations of blacks were found. What a shock.

not trying to win a PR award. It is what it is.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s all there was to it.

Reading problem? Not as often would mean fewer, not just as many.

How many of these statues are of plain old soldiers? Just looking at them, do they speak to the bravery and misery of the common soldier or do they invoke “golly Lee was a good general”.

When they arrest MS-13 for selling drugs do they call them Latino supremacists?

if you are looking for someone to play “stream of consciousness” with you, look in the trivial pursuits subforums.

Your post may have some merit someplace in the conversation but not as a response to my post, which simply said the average soldier didn’t fight to preserve slavery.

Most of those statues were put up after the turn of the century to intimidate the black population. Those men were not heroes. The statues need to come down on public property.

There is also no reason any Confederate flag should flying on public property or be used as part of a state flag. It shouldn’t be a federal law, states need to get woke.

Mississipi’s population is almost 40% black and they’re still flying that ■■■■■

The civil war is over and has been for over 150 years. It’s time for them to stop. Along with any other symbols of the confederacy in any state.

5 Likes

Who said in his first inaugural “I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.” ?

The war was more about economics than anything else. The Union was not squeaky clean. Their reason for war was to stop the break up of the union, not to stop slavery.

“Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science.”

Confederate Vice President Alexander H. Stephens

I’m sure your friends and relatives will be able to write from prison.

the documents fo secession in the south all talk about slavery being th ereason
the VP of the confederacy said Our new government is founded upon exactly [this] idea; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery – subordination to the superior race – is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth

the confederacy and its leaders where traitors. nothing more.
every monument to them on public property should be torn down.

The grounds of the texas capitol have several monument to the confederacy. they are an embarrassment to texas and have nothin to to with heritage and all to to with racism

From an outside perspective, the whole thing is very odd. Especially given how many of those who fly the confederate flag would consider themselves US patriots.

Right…No America. Where DO you get this stuff? :lol:

1 Like

While very bad, that is not in the same league as being owned, beaten, and even killed at another’s pleasure because you are property.

Yep. Good post.

My great grandfathers fought for slavery. I would never want to consider this a proud part of my ‘heritage’. And I don’t respect them. Because I’m an actual good person.

1 Like

I thought the Confederacy was the coolest thing ever when I was a kid. There was one general that I really admired. And how could we not? We were told many good things about them by the adults around us.

Then I grew up and realized they were buying and selling people like Somali pirates. I guess there are still scum who defend/support Somali pirates.