PLAN B: Trump Says US ‘May Go That Route’ and Declare Border a ‘National Emergency’

Originally published at: PLAN B: Trump Says US ‘May Go That Route’ and Declare Border a ‘National Emergency’ | Sean Hannity

President Trump confirmed Wednesday that his administration may declare a “national emergency” to secure federal funding for border security; adding he hopes to strike a deal with Congressional leaders in the coming days.

The President was speaking with reporters following a signing ceremony at the White House when he was asked if he was still considering the alternative path should lawmakers fail to strike a deal.

Trump on the national emergency option: "I may go that route" to build a border wall https://t.co/E7P67XkYv0 pic.twitter.com/5ebFIrVETn

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 9, 2019

“I think we might work-out a deal, and if we don’t, I may go that route. I have the absolute right to declare a national emergency if I want. My threshold would be if I can’t make a deal with people that are unreasonable,” said the Commander-in-Chief.

.>

McConnell will just love that.

The DEMs in the House would have their side of a Joint Resolution passed in a hot minute and sent to the Senate where McConnell would have to take action.

He doesn’t want the Senate voting on it and putting Senators on a recorded vote with the 2020 elections coming up.

Yes President Dennison, please declare an emergency.
(Let alone Trump having to fight it in court, where he will probably lose again.)

.>>>>

It’s amazing how McConnell’s job has become: don’t let the public know how the republicans vote."