Plagues/Disease & Benevolence

The problem is that we have perfect specimen to look to find out where the flaw is. Nor do we have the means to undo it.

I’ve spent enough of my life trying to go back in time. I’ve come to the conclusion that it is impossible.

We can’t turn back time, but we can live our lives in the best way we can starting today.

Yep. But I do believe at some God will step in and put mankind back to where he intended it be as far our entire nature and our environment. Then what ever long terms purpose for us will be revealed.

I would argue that according to the Bible, God seems to like to “cull the herd” in his attempts to “put mankind back to where it’s intended to be.”

I don’t know why God doesn’t just upload a patch into the system, which I’m totally sure he could do. Even destroying all of mankind and restarting from scratch with an updated bioware would be more efficient. The current system of culling humanity, but selecting for certain traits by only saving a few “worthy” humans (kind of the same way humans have domesticated dogs), is basically still using the same Humanity version but reducing it’s natural complexity by bottleneck.

Yet the bible also talks about a resurrection.

I think that there will come a time when God says enough. It will result in death and life.

God is eternal. He does not change. I highly doubt He would get bored of his Humanity project, and pack it all up. More likely, in my opinion, I think humanity meets its end through natural means. Whatever happens, it’s going to be interesting, so I don’t see why God would turn off the show early.

As far as our resurrection; that could mean many things. Who’s to say we aren’t already resurrected?

I guess I’m trying to figure out HOW. Sin is described as an action or choice to do something. But this sounds like sin is a force in and if itself. You can make a choice to say, drink a lot of alcohol and that affects your biology, but it’s not the choice that causes biological reactions, but rather the body. So, how do you distinguish sin as a choice vs. sin as a biological force? Having trouble working this right

God has magic.

The bible paints a different picture. He will not completely destroy us or allow us to be completely destroyed. That would mean make creation pointless.

I feel it would be arrogant to believe my species will live forever. However, I do recognize that we can be a resilient species. I believe much of our resilience is our ability to think with complexity, and our ability to plan ahead. So hopefully we’ll use that to plan for whatever the future holds.

With that said. Even if humanity ceased to be, the whole of creation would live on without us. It is also reasonable to believe God could restart Humanity at any point He wants, anywhere in the entire Universe He wishes. He is the best terraformer in existence.

Okay if I am driving and and I blow through a stop sin that is a sin. I broke the law.

Now if my car has defective part and is not operating as it is supposed to for instance my brakes. Then it is not acting how it should and is sinful in that it is operating as it should.

Prior to human intervention, the aftermath of disease outbreaks was always stronger more resilient human beings.
Eugenics is built into the system and humans do not have the wisdom (to date imho) to intervene.
One can view modern medicine as the human desire to help his fellow human - but is that really the case?
Dis - ease = out of sync with the cosmos.

It is not arrogant because it is not us that will cause it. We can’t make God do it.

It is a free gift.

All we are asked to do is live in such a way that shows appreciation for it by trying our best to do what is asked.

There are natural forces in the Universe that will eventually destroy all life on Earth. If Human beings are still alive on Earth when these natural forces occur, they will all die through no fault of their own, and without God’s intervention.

We only study what is known and hypothesize the rest.

Ok, but in this case how does the brake become defective? Our sinful choices dont directly modify our genetics do they? If so it’s like sin is some force that exists beyond our thoughts/actions… like, yes, you make the choice to blow through a stop sign, but it’s the force of movement and kinetic energy that causes the destruction

Adams sin apparently did.

Sin is action and force.

Roman’s 7 21: I find, then, this law in my case: When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. 22 I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, 23 but I see in my body another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my body

So one may strive to be mild tempered but at times find themselves lashing out at someone who has hurt them. It was not their intention and they work hard to not be that person but due to our sinful nature we lash out at times unintended.

Don’t the Bible record that every time that Jesus was involved with healing, the person healed praised and worshiped him but Jesus put them back in sync with the cosmos because he explained that it was their faith that healed them.

No faith is what made healing them possible. But it was still God acting through Jesus.

Luke 8 43 Now there was a woman who had a flow of blood for 12 years, and she had not been able to get a cure from anyone. 44 She approached from behind and touched the fringe of his outer garment, and immediately her flow of blood stopped. 45 So Jesus said: “Who touched me?” When they were all denying it, Peter said: “Instructor, the crowds are hemming you in and pressing against you.” 46 But Jesus said: “Someone touched me, for I know that power went out of me.” 47 Seeing that she had not escaped notice, the woman came trembling and fell down before him and declared before all the people why she touched him and how she was healed immediately. 48 But he said to her: “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace

Don’t you think this narrative is a good illustration of many “apparently” miraculous cures which attended upon Jesus’ earth career, but which he in no sense, consciously willed? The way I interpret the narrative is that Jesus did not realize that healing had taken place until after the fact.
And while Peter was perplexed about the pressing “crowd” and the “who” that touched him - didn’t this woman only touch the hem of his robe? To me, this “who” is left up to interpretation.