Pfizer vaccine is 90% effective

By no measure other than the election loss is he a failure.

You have a link to the facts.

1 Like

I hate to say it but I have more faith in Pfizer’s dividend than I do whatever is left of trump’s FDA.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/journalists-promoted-the-falsehood-that-pfizer-is-not-part-of-warp-speed-pfizer-says-otherwise/ar-BB1aT2Y5?ref=theprepping-com

2 Likes

From your own link:

On Monday, the New York Times published a report quoting Pfizer head of vaccine research and development Dr. Kathrin Jansen as saying, “We were never part of the Warp Speed 
 We have never taken any money from the U.S. government or from anyone.”

Though it is true that Pfizer did not take cash from the federal government to develop its vaccine, the company has entered into a $1.95 billion deal with the Trump administration to sell the government 100 million doses of its vaccine if completed by the end of the year.

Pfizer didn’t take any funds from the government to develop the vaccine, distribution of a product once created is a whole different animal.
.WW, PSHS

NEW YORK & MAINZ, Germany–(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced the execution of an agreement with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense to meet the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed program goal to begin delivering 300 million doses of a vaccine for COVID-19 in 2021. Under the agreement, the U.S. government will receive 100 million doses of BNT162, the COVID-19 vaccine candidate jointly developed by Pfizer and BioNTech, after Pfizer successfully manufactures and obtains approval or emergency use authorization from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200722005438/en/

The U.S. government will pay the companies $1.95 billion upon the receipt of the first 100 million doses, following FDA authorization or approval. The U.S. government also can acquire up to an additional 500 million doses.

As NPR reported in July, the government reached a deal for nearly two billion dollars to help distribute the vaccine. Pfizer’s own press release in July announced that the U.S. government placed an initial order of 100 million doses for $1.95 billion. No money went specifically into the vaccine’s research and development, but Pfizer absolutely did take government money, and was forced to walk back Jansen’s statement.

2 Likes

Pfizer was part of Warp Speed, the incentive waa just different.

Good news on the Pfizer front. While their needs for transport are different from Moderna in regards to temperatures needed, that doesn’t really pose a problem. Just make sure Pfizer stays urban, where more of these freezers are, and Moderna or possibly J&J or AZ shipped to more rural locations, where they aren’t as obtainable.

Since all of these vaccines are based on mRNA technology, the remaining vaccines should also provide equivalent efficacy, and that should definitely help ramp up rapid vaccination numbers.

3 Likes

@toreyj01 - is really a big deal. I thought I heard that there was an amount of time that the Pfizer vaccine was good at higher temperatures. IIRC it was around 5 days. Plenty of time to move from a central distribution location to a site where the shots would be given.

Is this true?
.WW, PSHS

It is very true. You don’t need subzero temps to the point of injection, once removed you have a reasonable time to simply keep it refrigerated or in a cooler, about 5 days.

So like the spokes of a wheel you can distribute it to central locations and from there distribute it to non-subzero locations for injection.
.WW, PSHS

I’d say if libs want no part of the vaccines that leaves more for the rest of us! :grin: :+1:

Correct, which is quite doable. With the Moderna vaccine its even simpler, since the temp requirement is less and it matches vaccine temp requirements like measles, which a lot of Medical offices already have.

Anyone stupid enough to pass on a vaccine at this stage deserves what they get.

2 Likes

I’m with you the vaccine already has been fast tracked by like 14 years what’s another month of legislation going to do prove in safety.

J’Biden speaking now about his Covid plan after “meeting with governors”.
Gonna spend us some money now!
Think we’ve heard this all before Joey from another guy currently Prez until Jan 20th.
He’s full of ■■■■■

1 Like

Thank you for being honest. :+1:

60,000 more deaths.

Exactly! If the companies are going to ask for approval this week, why the hell is the FDA waiting until December 10th to review it??

1 Like

Bureaucracy

1 Like

Wow, great job Mr. President, most experts said a vaccine would take 12-18 months but because of Warped Speed, got it in 6months and starting of delivering of it it in December, 7 months. Back in May, experts say can’t do so quickly;

About 90% of candidate vaccines that make it to human trials will still fail to make it to the market, he says. Most vaccines now in regular use, like polio and chicken pox, took 10 to 15 years to develop, and no vaccine has ever been produced in less than four years

Even two years is an optimistic estimate for the enormous task of developing a coronavirus vaccine and producing enough to immunize the entire world, Douglas says. It may be possible — and he has several specific suggestions for how to speed up the process — but it’s going to need “a lot of work 
 and a little bit of luck.”

Douglas is an emeritus professor of medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and a director of three biotech companies: Vical, Inc.; Novadigm; and Protein Sciences

But some experts caution even 12 to 18 months might be optimistic for a Covid-19 vaccine: The previous record for getting a vaccine was four years, and a cliché in the field is that vaccine development is measured in years, not months.

That’s not to say that the chances of a widely available vaccine within 12 to 18 months are zero. But they’re not 100 percent either. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, told me the 12- to 18-month timeline is “very ambitious.” Kendall Hoyt, a vaccine and biosecurity expert at Dartmouth, told me it will be a challenge, but arguably doable: “It’s conceivable we could have something in that timeline — if everything goes right.”

Lucky we had President Trump and the Warped Speed rush I guess. Everything goes right 12-18 months, but in actuality, ready in 6 months & beginning of delivery in 7 months.

2 Likes