Peter Strzok Returns For Testimony

Again, the only criticism is that he texted these things on a government cell phone?

Are you suggesting that if the committee had seen his private text messages saying the exact same thing they’d all say it was no big deal?

Can you cite FBI protocol that says it’s wrong to have a personal opinion and express it to others?

IG Report stated this. Why do you all ignore the IG report now?
You all were saying it never stated Strzok showed bias.

[I]t is not only indicative of a biased state of mind but, even more seriously, implies a willingness to take official action to impact the presidential candidate’s electoral prospects,” the IG said. "Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the [Anthony] Weiner laptop in October 2016, these text messages led us to conclude that we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision was free from bias.”

Russel read them off in yesterdays hearing go listen to it.

It doesn’t say he used his government position in a biased. It says they don’t know if he did or not. I’m pretty annoyed by how often this statement is misrepresented.

I would bet very few would care if those were open to public scrutiny. Most people understand that a work device can be used to text a family member to pick up milk, but should not be used to show how important you are to a mistress.

I expected this entire collusion investigation to unravel. That looks to be where we are now.

It was 11 hours of testimony and a transcript isn’t available yet that I’ve seen. Can you be any more specific or not? Perhaps a brief synopsis?

Hey, good on you for admitting that Republicans use the force of the government for political advantage. Are you ok with that?

1 Like

There are very few people in the world whose lives I couldn’t ruin given sixty to ninety minutes uninterrupted access to their phones.

2 Likes

I completely disagree. There was not a single Republican that indicated to me that they were even slightly interested in the truth here. They were all wanting to orchestrate a narrative that could then be played for their base, as a means to try to undermine the legitimate investigation of Russian attacks on our election process, and whether or not any Americans assisted them in their efforts.

And they decided that Strzok was going to be their punching bag in achieving this narrative. Nothing more. It was a circus, and made me thankful that I left that joke of a party so many years ago.

He is completely accurate here. It is insane to imagine a conspiracy theory so vast that it incorporates countless career professionals, crossing all levels of hierarchy within the Bureau, where one single individual could work to affect the outcome of any of these investigations by himself, regardless of whatever personal opinions he held of Trump, or the many other politicians, including Clinton, that he denigrated in his missives with Page.

The GOP wanted to try to prove that his personal opinions shared with Page somehow led to a false outcome in these multiple investigations, which is not only proven to be untrue by the IG report, but is in and of itself an absurd position to even espouse. None of these investigations were run solely by Strzok/Page, nor were either of them even at the very head of them. That is not how the Bureau operates. And to make these wild-eyed suggestions does little more than to do long-term, lasting damage to our nation’s Law Enforcement Institutions. Which is shameful and perverted; all in the name of protecting Donald Trump of all people.

I’m not sure which part you’re referencing here?

Good little liberal. Losing a battle turn and yell racism.

1 Like

You keep going back to this, but you are not connecting how this perception of bias led to a different outcome than the one determined. The outcome here still was that the emails prompted Comey to notify the HIC that they had reopened the investigation into Clinton. Who then promptly led to Chaffetz leaking that to the public, which is what likely helped lead Clinton to her loss.

As for the start of the Mueller investigation, what do you see could have possibly happened here? Planted evidence? Frame someone? What?

Short version of all this, Republicans thought they would be able to beat down Strozk and use that to justify attacking or ending the Mueller investigation.

Like so many other times, Republicans are high on their own supply, believing their own BS and walked into a buzzsaw that did the opposite of what they hoped to achieve. If anything, they made Strozk look sympathetic, a guy who has real passion for his job, the FBI, and loves his country, and made the Republicans look like the venal, craven nitwits they actually are. Hard to to do, but Republicans successfully rehabilitated Strozk’s image.

2 Likes

Without even watching much of it, I knew it must’ve been a disaster when the only two hot takes on Conservative Twitter were a screen-cap of Strzok looking vaguely menacing and “well, if he passed a polygraph and if they asked him about his affair then potentially he could be a pathological liar but I don’t know.”

Shoe seems to fit these Cinderella’s.

"Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the [Anthony] Weiner laptop in October 2016, these text messages led us to conclude that we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision was free from bias.

you keep miss reading it.
They specifically state that they had no confidence that his decision was free from Bias.
HENCE they believed his BIAS influenced his decision to prioritize the Russia Investigation over finding the Weiner laptop.

Bunch of hand waving. As Strozk said, look at what he DID, which nothing can be pointed to as remotely like some imaginary “bias”. If he was as biased, he would have leaked all over the place and killed Trump’s nomination in the womb. He didn’t do that.

"Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the [Anthony] Weiner laptop in October 2016, these text messages led us to conclude that we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision was free from bias.”

BLACK and WHITE from the IG
They said they believe that his BIAS influenced him to Prioritize the Russia Investigation over finding about the Weiner laptop.

I don’t understand all of this…

So what if he prioritized the Russia investigation? Are we to believe that the Russia investigation would not of happen if it wasn’t for Strokz?

They couldn’t bring down Trump with the entire apparatus of the intel community spying and lying on him since the primaries.

1 Like

Which still did not change the outcome of either investigation. Why do you keep missing that point? The IG report said they could not conclusively say the decision was free from bias. Nor did they say the decision was made because of bias. But all of that speculation is pointless, as the end result is all that matters. Did the end result change? No, it did not.