Pete Buttigieg was groomed under the roof of a father in love with communism

So if we’re talking fathers…trump’s dad got arrested participating in a KKK rally in NY. So that tells me the son embraces those groups.

1 Like

Seemingly only counts if you dont agree with the persons politics other wise, i would guess, you will be told to stick to the subject. Stick to the subject seems to be the reply if the response is a bit to close to home or cant be answered with a wall of cut and paste text

1 Like

A capitalist economic system?

cap·i·tal:

Wealth in the form of money or other assets owned by a person or organization or available or contributed for a particular purpose such as starting a company or investing.

ism:

A productive suffix in the formation of nouns denoting action or practice, state or condition, principles, doctrines, a usage or characteristic, devotion or adherence, etc.

So, to be accurate, the significant feature of capitalism is the investment of capital to achieve an anticipated profit and/or goal.

On the other hand, a free market, free enterprise system, which our Founders intended, allows for the investment of capital to achieve profits and goals by the people, but also restricts our federal government’s actions as directed by our Constitution.

Keep in mind our Founder’s often describe our system in a manner promoting a “free” market, “free” trade, or “free” enterprise ___ “free” being the operative word, e.g., see Thomas Jefferson’s First Annual Message to Congress: ”Agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and navigation, the four pillars of our prosperity, are the most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise.”

The lawful powers delegated to our federal government, as distinguished from those retained by the states, were summarized as follows in Federalist 45:

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State."

Some examples of today’s unconstitutional federal capitalism are: Obama’s green energy money laundering “investment” operation, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, our student loan crisis, the 2018 farm subsidy bill, small business loans, and many other taxpayer financed schemes in which our federal treasury is plundered by folks in government, and a privileged few benefit at the expense of hard working citizens having their earned wages confiscated to finance the above mentioned privileged few.

Are you a fan of the above mentioned unconstitutional federal capitalism?

JWK

"To lay with one hand the power of the government on the property of the citizen and with the other to bestow upon favored individuals, to aid private enterprises and build up private fortunes is none the less a robbery because it is done under forms of law and called taxation."____ Savings and Loan Association v. Topeka,(1875).

Here’s the recent Democratic polling average coming out of Iowa via realclearpolitics:

Biden 26%
Sanders 22%
Warren/Harris 8%
Buttigieg - 7%

Our OP seems to be obsessed with a guy who at best statistically tied for 3rd with Warren, Harris, and O’Rourke.

His complaint? Daddy Buttigieg might have been a commie. Trump’s Dad was known to be a possible racist, does that make Donald Trump a racist? Lets judge the person in question, not his family.

2 Likes

What I wrote makes that clear. Your words oppose but your actions sustain.

All you have done is misrepresent what I have posted, and then attack your own misrepresentation of what I posted.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

The Federal Reserve System of 1913 and the Sixteenth Amendment, also of 1913, have provided the necessary tools to spread the evil tentacles of democratic capitalism into almost every corner of our once free market, free enterprise system.

Too funny…some lib reporter said he’s chicken soup for the soul.

Meh statistics this early are meaningless. Let them be scared. This rhetoric is a century old. Doesn’t do much other than waste bandwidth.

Contrived controversy right out of the Obama/Ayers playbook.

My main thesis was an interpretation of the impact of both your content and style. As an interpretation, it cannot be a misrepresentation. I’ll stand on my interpretation which I knew would make you uncomfortable. You present yourself as a critic of the status quo, but I believe your actual impact is as a defender.

The world of politics is not the world of theory and those who insist that theory should overwhelm reality are usually the generators of tragedy.

As I correctly wrote, all you have done is misrepresent what I have posted, and then attack your own misrepresentation of what I posted ___ a very old and tired stupid debating trick.

If you have a disagreement with something I wrote, then quote the specific thought and present you opposition.

JWK

Of course there is income inequality in the United States… Some of our citizens work at improving their station in life, while others expect the force and hand of government to insure income equality.

So it comes down to flinging insults at me. My point was not that I could argue with any source you cite or argument you make… it is that your argument is based on theory and not on the world as it exists and as such it is much more of a defense of the status quo (and unequal power relationships) that you would have us believe.

The world is not going to spin backwards into you ideal notion of free markets. It is only going to spin forward. Your position, in effect, cements in place existing power relationships while implying they can all be undone. But they can’t, they won’t be and so people like Mayor Pete are trying to move us forward.

1 Like

Insults? I gave an accurate description of your actions.

And as to you latest post, there you go again! Avoiding to quote something specific I wrote and then express your disagreement. Instead, you generalize and wander into philosophical speculation and the abyss.

The fact is, When Buttigieg talks about democratic capitalism, he is talking about a centrally controlled system in which democratically elected folks in government manage a centrally controlled economy.

JWK

The Federal Reserve System of 1913 and the Sixteenth Amendment, also of 1913, have provided the necessary tools to spread the evil tentacles of democratic capitalism into almost every corner of our once free market, free enterprise system.

Well let’s be honest, when the most godly and most biblical man alive is the current president, chicken soup for the soul doesn’t have a chance.

1 Like

Your technique is obvious… keep demanding more while not addressing real issue. I will point out that that terms like “very old” 'tired" and “stupid” are insulting. Having done that, you will demand I find some other part of your post to quote. This has gotten boring, so I’ll drop even when you respond with your next complaint that I am not addressing issues fairly.

All I wanted to get on the table is the contradiction between your presenting yourself as an opponent of the status quo and the impact of your position in defense of the status quo… for others to consider.

Beyond that, this has devolved into noise so let’s call it a day.

I wait patiently for your next three page post, highlighted with boldface points for emphasis.

2 Likes

Not fact. That’s your opinion on what he means.

There you go again! Avoiding to quote something specific I wrote and then express your disagreement. Instead, you generalize and wander into philosophical speculation and the abyss.

The fact is, When Buttigieg talks about democratic capitalism, he is talking about a centrally controlled system in which democratically elected folks in government manage a centrally controlled economy.

JWK

Just because a young person lived with someone who embraced a particular ideology, doesn’t necessarily mean they will take that ideology into adulthood.

It is possible people change with age, education, and experiences.

You are absolutely correct. However, Pete Buttigieg’s affection for “democratic capitalism” rather than embracing a free market, free enterprise system, is a clear indication of his dangerous guiding principles.

JWK

We don’t have a free market anymore. Too many corporations are buying up other companies. Example CVS buying Aenta, AT&T buying DirectTV, Disney buying FOX entertainment, and so many more. When a handful of corporations own just about everything, where’s the competition? I know ever since AT&T acquired DirectTV, the customer service and products are the craps. Less choice for more $$$.

Should large corporations run ramped with increased costs to the consumer? (prescription drugs for example)