Pentagon UFO Chief Says Alien Mothership in Our Solar System Possible

Proxima Centauri is about 4.24 light years away. That is ~ 24.9 trillion miles away. To get there in 15 years the spacecraft would have to average (taking into account acceleration and deceleration) ~ 190 million miles per hr or 52,655 mps.

Or, ~0.29c :wink:

Where’s @Stormbringer these days? We all used to talk about this stuff buzzed and hopeful for the future. :rofl:

using laser sails etc very feasible

1 Like

I’m always skeptical of theoretic technology.

Who told you I was talking about theoretical stuff?

It’s the money, not the tech. :wink:

I’d of course start with as many gravitational slingshots as the planetary alignments would allow (like they did with Voyager).

That aside, there are options:

Solar Sail
Ion Drive
Fission-Fragment
Fission-Electric
Nuclear Pulse

And then the things that could be used/built right now, but lack the funding and/or interest:

Antimatter (punishingly expensive)
EMDrive
Helical engine
Ramjet
Magnetic Sail

2 Likes

Especially that damn weatherman. :rofl:

this was from the director of the Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office…

what happened to the Space Force?

How much does it cost to animate the holographic universe?

First you have pay the Jailer to let you out?

Then you have to pay child support for all the beings in the universe.

Are you willing to give up your body and individuated mind?

All this kneejerk materialism is out of control

It’s a trick of the mind

I have no idea what yoy are talking about half of the time but I still enjoy your posts.

2 Likes

Feasible is subject to cost. :neutral_face:

Actually, you said craft too.

1 Like

I said the technology to put a craft into orbit, not that we already had such crafts assembled, and then I edited to make sure @Toll_Collector understood what I was trying to convey. None of that was for your nose to snort up.

You’re doing the bored pedantic Samm thing again where you seek to pick nits instead of saying anything intelligent on a topic you were once a pleasure to be a part of. Stop being pedantic Samm. Be interesting Samm instead. :wink:

Padantery has its place. And you presented one to me. We don’t send technology into space, we send crafts. :wink:

I’m sorry to be such a disappointment to you, but this whole conversation is of little interest beyond scientific fantasy. None of this will occur anytime soon, if ever.

1 Like

Me too. :wink:

What happens to the craft traveling 0.25c when it hits space dust. That’s a lot of kinetic energy.

Ya know he’s right!

1 Like

What we will have though is pretend Aliens guiding us to save the world from mean 'ol Donald Trump.