Paul Ryan Pushing Through Thousands Of Irish Visas Before Leaving Office

It should be different. That’s my opinion

What’s in the bill doesn’t matter to me. There is no increase in the number of work permits. I don’t know if Irland has their own set number, I don’t know if Astralia was the only country that had a set number.

I think a bill should be introduced making all the E-3 program work permits one large pool that go to the best qualifed candidates.

Bullseye.

People can read. I’m sure everyone turning this into a Trump bash did.

For the record, I don’t see a reason why Ryan is doing this. Absent a reason, I can’t agree with his effort.

No question the link offers plenty of SPECULATION about why he’s doing it. (And if that speculation is true, I also disagree with his effort on this.)

But as it stands now, I’m not on board with what Ryan is doing.

Here’s another question. Australia has some max visa allocation. Do all countries have such an allocation? If so, what is Ireland’s, and are they even hitting their max? If Ireland does not have such an allocation, why does Australia?

They all sound the same?

If wikipedia is correct:

The E-3 visa is a United States visa for which only citizens of Australia are eligible.[1] It was created by an Act of the United States Congress as a result of the Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement(AUSFTA), although it is not formally a part of the AUSFTA. The legislation creating the E-3 visa was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 11, 2005. It is widely believed to have grown out of the negotiation of a trade deal between the US and Australia.[2]

This makes it sound like the only country with e-3 work visa’s is Austrlia.

maybe we should cancell the e-3 all together instead of sharing between two countries.

That is exactly my point.

If e-3 were negotiated for why should we send them only to Ireland.

Allan

That’s the fun of being a lawmaker I guess.

Knowing of the program now . . . I would support elimination of it, and any other work visa program that is specific to a single, or group of countries.