Operation Faithful Patriot over before it even started

The Pentagon is dropping the name only one day after the election :laughing:

The Pentagon is no longer calling the US military mission on the southern border “Operation Faithful Patriot,” officials said Wednesday, opting to re-brand President Donald Trump’s deployment of more than 8,000 troops as “border support” the day after the 2018 midterm elections.

Pentagon spokesman, Lt. Col. Jamie Davis told CNN, “we are not calling it ‘Operation Faithful Patriot,’ we are calling it ‘border support.’”

Oh my gosh. That’s telling.

I didn’t know it was called “Operation Faithful Patriot”. Probably because it would have had not real significance what they called it.

it does carry significance.

“When you have a named operation it comes with funding protocols and the process is deliberate,” Kirby said, adding that in this case, the decision remove the name is not going to change the way troops are resourced or paid.

Day before the election the Joint Chief of Staff said this.

On Monday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford said US troops will not “be involved in the actual mission of denying people entry to the United States” but are offering logistical support to Customs and Border Patrol, which currently consists primarily of “putting up concertina wire and reinforcing the points of entry.”

They should rename it “Operation Run for the Border.”

Doritos Locos Tacos for everyone!

Womp womp, Doug.

Can I have a Mexican pizza with mine? How about a bean burrito to help repel the invasion force?

Can’t they ever give these things sensible names like “Operation 9823” or “Operation Horse Battery Staples”?

1 Like

I’d call it Fast and Furious II.

Operation MAGA

I wonder how soldiers feel about being shifted around for political purposes only. To get votes only. By a politician.

Reminds me of “Operation Infinite Justice”.