One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

At this point if she doesn’t come forward to testify before congress it will completely look like a political smear campaign. Hopefully there is just negotiating going on but grassley has said he has heard nothing.

Funny how differently your party has treated the woman who has accused Keith Ellison of domestic battery. Her claims are far more recent and she’s actually got some evidence.

But Ellison remains DNC deputy chair, is a member of Congress and is running for AG in MN.

I don’t see any Dems coming to her defense.

So she still hasn’t agreed to testify? Kavanaugh confirmed he would be attending last night.

And Grassley is still waiting to hear back from her?

Gee, there is nothing suspicious about this at all.

1 Like

Nope. Grassley said they have reached out 3 or 4 times over the past 36 hours and so far radio silence.

But this isn’t a political hit job at all.

1 Like

What is it? An attempt to get to the truth? then why hold the letter from July until now if not to try to get as much political capital as possible from it?

She’s being groomed as we speak.

That was sarcasm. Extreme sarcasm actually.

I’ve been very skeptical of this claim from the beginning. Now I think Grassley should give an ultimatium. If Ford and her lawyer haven’t responded by the end of the day the hearing is off.

Ford’s lawyer has taken the time to do lots of media interviews but no time to respond to Grassley?

These people are shameless.

I was watching KOMO news earlier. No mention in their pathetic report about how Dems sat on this since July, and the only comments they showed were from Schumer and Durbin saying how things shouldn’t be rushed.

People like us who are politically engaged know what’s going on, but the average person hearing this report would have no idea how brazenly dishonest Dems are being about this.Of course, they get help from the media.

If the tables had been turned and Rs were doing this I’m sure KOMO would not have left out those details.

I agree. If she wants to smear kavanaugh;s name the least she can do is come and answer questions.

Hmmmmm.

I wonder what Mark Judge would testify.

And depending on her memory or her therapist notes, it was either two people or four people in the bedroom.

story changed in 6 years hmmmmmm

Even a 10 year old can see what the Dems game plan is.

It’s Tuesday afternoon and Grassley still has not heard from Ford or her lawyer to confirm they will attend the Monday hearing.

Meanwhile, I’m sure other Dems will chime in with similar talking points to this one:

Every woman who has worked with Judge Kavanaugh has attested to his character and professionalism. The American people will view hearings involving Ms. Ford for what they are, a transparent political attempt by Democrats to deny confirmation of a decent, qualified candidate. Let the hearings proceed by all means. Never interrupt Democrats when they are failing.

There is no statute of limitations.

She hasn’t agreed yet to attend the hearing. Meanwhile, Dems are saying why should she attend without the 'FBI report" but doesn’t mention the FBI only investigates FEDERAL offenses, plus this happened 35 years ago and the only “evidence” is her word (as far as we know)

Since it would’ve happened before he was a judge, it really is none of our business.

See what I just posted. This has nothing to do with the FBI.

But Dems of course are using this for a stalling tactic which I guess is why Ford has not responded yet to Grassley.

He needs to call their bluff and say the hearing is off if they don’t respond by the end of the day.

This is outrageous bull ■■■■■

If they wanted an FBI investigation then release the letter 2 months ago. You don’t get to be late releasing info and demand everything stop to wait for what you want to happen.

Ask her at the hearing.