One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Kennedy retiring led to Kavanaugh.

Democrats are already energized over Trump hate. Adding Kavanaugh energizes like adding a drop of 1% milk would energize a drink.

1 Like

Odd how this number closely matches the president’s approval rating…

That’s my thinking.

Again, you are focusing on the singular instead of the whole.

The same here as well. Look at the broader picture of how political parties drive messages for their base.

If this guy is such a great pick then why are the GOP doing all of these shaninigans

I agree they are already energized. This will add more than what you seem to believe, in my opinion. And it is not about adding Kavanaugh. It is about the process that led to him, and the narrative that will ensue in the lead-up to the midterms about broad use of Executive Power and overturning Roe, etc.

If Kavenaugh had been offered under a normal GOP and a normal President, he’d probably get by just fine. But the fishyness of Kennedy’s retirement, Kavenaughs non answers about Executive privilege and checks, the hiding of his documents, the Merrick Garland stolen seat, and the entirety of Donald Trumps actions, corruptions, tweets and demands for loyalty oaths makes him supremely suspect.

Everyone who isn’t disgusted by these shenanigans is- I can’t even describe it. The GOP doesn’t get to cry about the Democrats pulling out all the stops - not anymore, and not ever again. They made their bed and now they’re damn well going to sleep in it.

3 Likes

Oh God, Grassly is now crying about Bork.

And you’re spending your day whining and bitching about Kavanaugh.

This time next month you’ll still be bitching and whining and he’ll be sitting on the court.

3 Likes

Well maybe if the GOP hadn’t become such unrepentant corrupt scumbags, I wouldn’t be complaining.

Eat your damn peas.

I’m watching DEMs interruptions. What can they possibly hope to gain with that disgusting behavior? Seriously, I would be embarrassed by that crap were I a Democrat.

But that’s all that they know how to do. Shutdown anyone and anything that doesn’t conform to their radical ideology.

1 Like

Merrick Garland

1 Like

Well, this is kind of how a message board works…

Seriously? What kind of crap is that? McConnell followed precedent with his decision. That has nothing to do with the spectacle we are seeing on display today, and which we see from DEMs on most days. It is unconscionable to them that anyone be allowed to express an opposing point of view.

What precedent in the last 100 years did McConnell follow by refusing to even have hearings and up/down vote by the Senate?

.>>>>

Libs butt hurt over Kavanaugh brings joy of tears to my face…even thou he wasn’t one I was hoping for.

1 Like

No he didn’t

I find your combination of ignorance and confidence annoying.

Well, that’s one heck of a lie.

Been through it multiple times already, back when it was happening. Spent a considerable amount of time debating it. I couldn’t begin to do it justice here in a quick reply to you.