One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

6 times from my understanding.

Three of them now.

As a councel in the white house.
When confirmed as a federal judge
When nominated for Supreme court.

All three come back clean or he wouldn’t be where he is.

1 Like

Do what they are supposed to do?

You mean forward it to the local police department of the area for them to do what they would normally do with an alleged sexual assult from 35 years ago?

I just can’t help but to be perplexed at what their role would be here?

So how does this work now? The Democrats are demanding an FBI investigation. Is the director of the FBI now supposed to give them a response on what the FBI is going to do?

DEMs only care about one thing. Delaying any vote on confirmation until after the mid-terms. At this point, I detect hesitation by the accuser to move forward. That leads me to believe there is nothing there and that she is being used as a pawn by the DEMs to derail the Kavanaugh nomination.

We will be able to quickly see how this plays out.

My prediction is that she will be a no-show on Monday and that Grassley will then proceed with the confirmation vote.

It will go nowhere. DEMs are in no position to demand anything.

Nope.

10…

And investigators know that the list of references is a list of people who will give good reports. So they get second and third references.

I had a neighbor with whom I had some trouble. Her husband slashed my tires, I am sure. But she worked Dept of Energy north of DC on I270. And she needed a clearance. I know she did not list me as a reference. And yet the investigators came and asked me questions. I am always honest so I told the investigator that we did not get along but that I knew of no information that would indicate that she was a security risk.

So if there was honest bad info out there regarding kavanaugh, the investigators would have found it.

Good question. No date, don’t know what party, don’t know what year, can’t even give an ‘estimated’ party or ‘estimated’ year. How can you ask, Mr. Justice, where were you on this date. The request for the FBI to investigate is a sham, they know it. Only meant to delay a vote.

What federal law did he allegedly break in ~maybe~ the summer of 1982? FBI investigates violations of federal law, crimes that local agencies request their assistance on, and crimes that cross state lines.

Witch of those apply for an FBI investigation into an alleged sexual assult?

The more I think about it and read different things on this, the whole notion of an FBI investigation seems completely asinine.

Well, the FBI could question Ford. And the FBI could question Kavanaugh. Just like the committee. The difference? Maybe after time spent in review through a series of supervisors the election would be here and Dems would maybe retake the Senate. That way, Dems could permanently block any nominee.

That’s whats to be gained.
Everyone knows it.

Dunno. Just answering the question.

One hopes the accuser will go to jail for making false accusations.

After this many years really all you can do is interview the 3 people she said were at the party. There were 2 other people there but she doesn’t remember who and after the incident didn’t tell them anything happened so they would have no reason to remember the party.

So at best you have 3 interviews and I expect after those you would get an inconclusive result due to lack of memory after 36 years.

Your list of what the FBI does is missing items. Couple of important ones.

Beside that, what are you upset with? The FBI? You know what they did once they received the information, right?

It’s highly unlikely that any investigation would produce any further knowledge.

espianage, background checks (and he’s had many), and the like as well.

My understanding it was placed in his background file and they said they wouldn’t investigate it further unless ordered to.

There ya go. Shame you left off the most relevant two the first time. They answer the question of OP.

Nailed it again.

So, what are we raging about?