One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

As a generalization that is fine. When a specific accusation is made that can ruin lives and careers, you’d better have your ducks in a row.

Nothing about this is “obvious”. None of us know the truth or falsity of the accusation and none of us ever will.

Why? Just because you can’t prove a thing happened means you have to remain silent?

Consider this statement from the perspective of a victim. Being told you can’t say anything, attacked and vilified if you do, simply because the attacker got away with it?

It’s unconscionable.

Yes, ruining his life, he will forever be considered a rapist by millions of people, that is a major hit on your public reputation. And what the rule should be is, innocent until proven guilty. Not innocent until a Democrat makes a vague accusation.

2 Likes

Again, as a generalization I have no issue with it. However, if you are going to accuse someone you’d better have more evidence than she’s got.

Don’t be too sure about that, the fat lady as not yet sung.

If a few more patriotic American Republicans are voted into the Senate, and the Republicans hold the House, I think Hillary and her criminal gang will move to a country without an extradition treaty with us!

Trump needs to continue draining the sewer, especially at the Department of Justice!

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media, Yellow Journalism, Hollywood, and a corrupted FBI, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama, would be making license tags in a federal penitentiary

The FBI is in the justice department. They are authorized to speak for the FBI and did so. Based on the justice department spokesman’s comments, there will be no further action taken by the FBI.

So she is a liar but Paula Jones is telling the truth?

Jones could at least prove she was in the same room with the man she accused.

This lady is credentialed and knows exactly what she is doing.

Check out these career highlights from wiki…

Ford began teaching at Stanford University in 1988.[17] She works at Palo Alto University teaching students clinical trial design and data analysis.[12] She participates in educational programs with the Stanford University School of Medicine as a member of a consortium group with Palo Alto University.[6][12][17] Through this consortium group, called the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology (PGSP), Ford teachers subjects including psychometrics, study methodologies, and statistics.[6][9] She performed consulting work for multiple pharmaceutical companies.[18] Ford worked as the director of biostatistics at Corcept Therapeutics, and collaborated with FDA statisticians.[16] According to NPR and The Washington Post , Ford was “widely published”.[6][5]

Ford “specializes in designing statistical models for research projects in order to make sure they come to accurate conclusions”, as summarized by Helena Chmura Kraemer, a Stanford professor emeritus in biostatistics who co-authored a book and several articles with Ford.[7] Ford has written or co-written several books about psychological topics, including depression.[13] Her other research topics published in academic journal articles have included child abuse and the September 11 attacks.[17][13][19] In 2015 she co-authored a book entitled How Many Subjects? Statistical Power Analysis in Research. [13][20] Ford’s research into the social impact of hiding one’s sexual orientation was published in 2016 in the journal Behavior Therapy , and reviewed by psychologist William Gibson of the American Psychological Association, who found their research: “demonstrates that issues of identity have relevance to mental health outcomes in ways that much of previous work misses.”[21]

Note the emphasis on statistics and evidence.

1 Like

Details… like who the perp was? Or what the supposed perp was trying to do? Maybe the trauma was that Ms Ford was trying to kill herself and someone who looked like Kavanaugh tackled her to stop the suicide. I mean… why could that not be the case?

Yes… the memory is malleable. I was shot back in the 90s by some wacko in a public place. My memory KNOWS there were three shots. I played it over and over in my mind and can tell you the timing of the shots. But guess what. There were only two… the state police and witnesses confirmed only two shots.

And I was sober. This woman was drunk. Her memory of any event -if there even was an event - is so corrupted with psychological ghosts that she should just go back to work as a professor and admit that she was politically motivated to derail the nomination. Maybe volunteer community service or pay a fine… which Feinstein would pay.

Would you say the same if it was someone you cared about?

Daughter: Dad, someone tried to rape me at a party last night.

Father: Can you prove it?

Daughter: No

Father: Then shut the hell up and never tell anyone.

Odd then, she has such a lack of evidence to support her claim.

1 Like

So millions of people he will never interact with and have no bearing on his life matter how exactly?

I can never tell when you’re going to apply the court rules of innocent until proven guilty or the rules of the court of public opinion.

Actually I take that back. I can tell when you’re going to apply what standard.

Did she tell anyone? Who did she go to the party with? She is lacking some very important information.

And, your generic scenario probably happens quite often. However, most parents are going to ask for details and report the matter to the authorities if warranted.

1 Like

And has had to move her and her family out of their home because of it. And has had to hire full time security for protection. It seems her worst fears about coming forward are being realized.

This whole thing is a shame. From top to bottom.

Stinks up the entire internet…

:balance_scale:

Why go to the authorities if you can’t prove it?

Assuming this is a complete or even a partial lie, what does one have to lose. It is an over 30 year allegation that cannot in any way be disproven.

You got that right.

Did you see the subject of her thesis?

Measuring Young Children’s Coping Responses to Interpersonal Conflict (1995)

I think she has the skills to cope.

:balance_scale: