One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

You said they said they WOULDN’T investigate the claim.

They didn’t say they wouldn’t…they said “no comment”.

And they would HAVE to do an investigation…even one that went nowhere…if so ordered by President Trump.

And the President’s staff odes indeed order up background checks on all its nominees or potential nominees…it’s not something that automatically happens.

So Trump’s hands aren’t tied, as he tried to pretend they were. If he wanted an investigation, he could order one.

I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t investigate.

I’m simply telling you you were lied to about it.

She’s been getting death threats.

I wonder how all rape victims are feeling tonight…how libs have used rape accusations as a political weapon?

4 Likes

I have been lied to many times so I try to sift through the rubble. I do know they have to investigate all SC nominees. I also never said the Presidents hands were tied. He could order it. That is separate from the fact that they did say they would not investigate this claim but they did refer it to the White House as part of their overall package on Cavanugh.

Perhaps they’re more pissed off that women who haven’t been raped - or wait 37 years to make an accusation - will make it harder and harder for legitimate victims to get justice.

According to the articles I read, she never mentioned it at the time.

Her claims should have been dismissed out of hand. This is very different from all the women who came out against Trump who had documented evidence that they accused him at the time that the events occurred.

How could they even remotely prove that she is lying?

Wait, she doesn’t want to testify before Congress because she would perjure herself, but she wants the FBI to investigate the matter which would likely include them interviewing her…in which she would not lie?

From the attached article

"The Justice Department seems to agree. In a statement, a Justice Department spokeswoman said the FBI — which has added a letter from Christine Blasey Ford to Kavanaugh’s already completed background report file — had already done all it was going to do, because “the allegation does not involve any potential federal crime.”

What exactly would the FBI be investigating? Are they going to go to the house to see if there is any physical evidence? Do they have the authority to supena everyone who was supposedly at this party? Lastly how would the FBI prove if someone is lying here?

Hmmm…interesting- and smart move on Blasey Fords part. She would get eviscerated. The Senate will now have to confirm him without her testimony- which they should be able to do. But it will cost them by looking like they are ignoring sexual abuse in a MeToo environment.

Maybe she should have just taken an aspirin and shut up huh?

Or maybe it was god’s will?

More conan gaslighting

2 Likes

They didn’t say they wouldn’t investigate this claim.

They offered no comment on it.

Ford is an anti Trump political activist. She understands as well as any member of this forum that the real goal is to delay until after the election in the hopes that Democrats take the Senate. The only way to do this is to start an investigation with the FBI that will take at least a month or more.
If she is so concerned about an FBI investigation she could have contacted them when the nomination first occurred.

Point to a comment from someone in the FBI regarding the Dems’ request in what you linked.

You won’t find any comment because they didn’t offer any comment…the Justice Department and Senator Grassley did.

Again- not saying the FBI should investigate- just saying they didn’t comment on the request.

Interviewing everyone allegedly involved or allegedly at the party would be a start.

Guys, it was just rough horseplay that went on at the party that Bart O’Kavanaugh was most certainly not at.

Probably much the same way they have felt over the last few years watching Republicans consistently defend a series of accused sexual predators.

1 Like

There will be no FBI investigation…and this isn’t a gambit. The GOP senate will go on to vote in Kavenaugh and she knows that will happen whether she’s testifies or not. Why go through the dog and pony show just to get public ally attacked in front of hundreds of millions of people.

Mind telling us what federal law they would be investigating the violation of?

They don’t have jurisdiction. Jeesh.