One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

So you are standing by the argument that if the allegations are true… the ones that have been denied by a grown man… it doesn’t reflect on the character of that man because he was 17 when it happened?

She hasn’t specified why she was wearing a swim suit. We don’t know (right now) if the home had a pool or not.

Your question is irrelevant once you realize that the current senators can vote until next January.

It would reflect on it. That is a fair point. But unfortunately I see no way to prove the allegation. Coming out with it in the 11th hour makes it look totally political. I answered your question, now you answer mine.

Why do you suppose the dems did not bring this up during the hearings? Do you think it was because they wanted to use it as a way to delay the vote until after the mid terms? Could this be a simple political maneuver? :thinking:

Hey, I agree this is likely a DEM ploy to derail Kavanaugh’s confirmation. With my response to you, I was simply stating that if this did happen, then age would be irrelevant.

Kavanaugh was a hard partier in high school. That is a fact.

Allan

I am glad you are going to reflect on it because it is a really terrible position to take.

Ok. I’ve realized it. Now it’s your turn.

Why do you suppose the dems did not bring this up during the hearings? Do you think it was because they wanted to use it as a way to delay the vote until after the mid terms? Could this be a simple political maneuver? :thinking:

and everyone know that children of the age 17 cannot commit sexual assault.

That doesnt happen until one turns 18.

common sense doesnt run in your family does it?

Allan.

Well. That’s because I am a terrible person. This has been well established. Numerous times. So what’s your point? :smiling_imp:

I didn’t say that you are a terrible person… it is just a really terrible argument to make.

Why do you suppose the dems did not bring this up during the hearings? Do you think it was because they wanted to use it as a way to delay the vote until after the mid terms? Could this be a simple political maneuver?:thinking:

Yes the timing of the release was political just like not giving Garland a vote was political.
The posturing on both sides is wrong but that does not diminish the seriousness of the accusation in any way.

It could be.

I personally am not too terrible invested in trying to sleuth it out.

Kavenaugh will be the judge because the GOP wants him to be the judge and they will ignore any indications that there should be more discussion into his judgeship.

And how do you find out if the alleged sexual assault occurred or not?

I don’t think Altair is rationalizing anything. DiFi had this letter since early July. Why didn’t they bring this up in the hearings? Why wait until they were about to vote on it? It is not a rationalization to ask this question…It simply isn’t.

I think she’s trying to make the correlation that since sexual harassment wasn’t against the law back then that we should not pay any more attention to the alleged attempted rape.

It’s politics. Obviously.

Now moving on, let’s move on to the OP’s contention that a seventeen year old dude is a child who shouldn’t be held to adult standards and how you feel about that.

The accuser asked her not to. Then it was leaked.