On the Basis of Sex and Ginsburg’s whims and fancies vs the rule of law

“Killville America” I doubt the good people of Pennsylvania considered their state as “killville” when adopting their State’s declaration of rights.

In regard to fundamental rights and protections of these rights let us take a look at what the people of the State of Pennsylvania, agree upon in their State’s fundamental law otherwise known as Pennsylvania’s Declaration of Rights, adopted in 1776.

I. That all men are born equally free and independent, and have certain natural, inherent and inalienable rights, amongst which are, the enjoying and defending life and liberty, acquiring, possessing and protecting property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety.
[snip]

XIII. That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

JWK

It’s still not a universally recognized right no matter how much ■■■■ you spin in bold type.

This current interpretation wasn’t accepted for nearly 175 years only the 50 or so, and look at the result…killville.

My personal view is our free market system ought to be allowed to work with as little government interference as possible. Keep in mind that people avoiding doing business with an owner who refuses to serve people because of their race, is the best check against such individuals. Allowing them to openly exhibit their racial animus allows the people in a community to actually identify who these scoundrels are, and likewise allows the community to shun them into isolation where a needed lesson is to be learned.

JWK

Karl Marx popularized the word “capitalism” __ a word unknown to our founders __ to attack the free market system our founders created. Why do so many talking heads refer to our system as “capitalism” rather than a free market system which our founders created?

Was that working in the south? It sure doesn’t seem like it.

So you would have thrown the lunch counter protesters in jail for refusing to leave when the business asked them to. You seem comfortable supporting the racist side. Why is that?

1 Like

Tilly_jow,

With all sincerity, I was looking forward to you posting the “facts” I have played “fast and loose with”.

I do not like to post inaccurate information and am always happy to be corrected on point of fact.

JWK

Reaching across the aisle and bipartisanship is the Democrat Party Leadership’s Newspeak to subvert the Constitution and screw the American People.

I expressed my feelings above. Your suggestion that I support “the racist side” is an insult and without foundation…

JWK

You really don’t have a clue, do you. The facts were right in front of you. And you couldn’t see them! ! !

You asserted IN THIS POST that I played “fast and loose with the facts”. What facts did I play fast and loose with?

JWK

Illegal immigration is now costing American citizens over $18 billion a year in healthcare costs alone! Far more than the measly $5.7 billion asked for to build a wall! LINK

Depends are they talking about racist trains? or laughing about a the mass murder of liberal at a office building?

Yes, Yes…it’s all there in link…‘‘IN THIS POST’’…not my fault if you don’t get it.

It’s all right there in front of you.

ETA: OK, you’re at an intellectual blank, hint: You’re having a problem with definitions.

so if I’m reading the OP right you don’t think woman should have equal rights?

No they’re not. Jeebus, comtracts have nothing to do with it either.

Would this “little government interference” look like this?

That’s big government right there.

If that’s not an excuse for allowing institutional racism and bigotry it’s hard to see what isn’t.

And it allows a community of bigots safe harbor with no legal recourse. If this isn’t a throwback to the 1930’s, what is.

This can’t be said enough. If someone is of the belief that racial discrimination in commerce should be ended, then John’s solution is not a solution at all.

It may not be an excuse though if it being an “excuse” means that argumentator has a desire to see racial discrimination continue. I don’t think John’s a racist.

No, he’s ‘‘The Good German’’

The myth of the ‘‘Good German’’

You have repeatedly stated that govt should not interfere in the free market so we have a firm foundation.

Your position would have allowed businesses to continue to have separate lunch counters. The businesses could have arrested the lunch counter protesters and thrown them in jail. Do you deny that?

Agreed.
10char. I would not accuse him of such. He’s just a libertarian zealot.