OLD GLORY DENIED: 82-Year-Old Grandmother Told to Remove US Flag Painting from Her Property

Originally published at: OLD GLORY DENIED: 82-Year-Old Grandmother Told to Remove US Flag Painting from Her Property | Sean Hannity

An 82-year-old woman was ordered to remove an American flag painting from her property by the Homeowners Association last week; saying ‘Old Glory’ was against the community’s “decorative additions.”

“She’s 5-foot-nothing, an 82-year-old grandmother and a great-grandmother six times over. She’s also a proud American,” reports USA Today. “One who can’t understand her homeowners association’s objection to her American flag.”

“Donna Cordero lives in a retirement community in Peoria, Arizona, with nearly 4,000 houses in a multitude of colors, all of them brown. And an aversion to red, white and blue — at least, if it’s painted on the curb,” adds the website. “Cordero is the widow of two veterans, one of them wounded in World War II. Both are buried in the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona. So, naturally, she chose the American flag.”

Cordero claims she was asked to remove a curb-side painting of the US flag weeks ago.

“I couldn’t believe it,” she told USA Today. “I’m thinking, ‘Are you joking?’ Of all the things they pay attention to in this community, they’re looking at my little flag? It absolutely upset me. My neighbors that I’ve talked to can’t believe it either.”

Read the full report at USA Today.

Age, height and gender do not outweigh HOA rules. I can’t believe this has to be explained.