Oh no an "Obama judge" has to rule for or against the appointment of Whitaker as AG (12-17-2018)

“Setting aside established succession practices, the Republican president last month named Whitaker, a Trump loyalist, as the top U.S. law enforcement official after ousting Jeff Sessions as attorney general.”

and an obama judge Randolph D. Moss of the DC Circuit.

I fear another tweet storm for our much beloved President Trump.

I guess we all have to wait.

Allan

Even if the president did violate the Constitution, I don’t think it would really affect his popularity within the Republican party.

well to be fair. Obama got shot down in court on various unconstitutional actions that did not effect me in the least how I judged him.

thats what we have courts for.

Allan

This is true. Good on you for maintaining your objectivity.

But I somehow dont remember Obama getting really mad and blaming the 5th circuit or a “Bush Judge” for losing.

Its the way its played. Dem President (5th circuit). Rep President. (9th circuit)

in this case its the DC Circuit so we shall see how it plays out.

Allan

Just a minor correction.

He serves on the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, not the DC Circuit. :smile:

1 Like

Im not a big fan of this new trend calling someone a Bush judge or an Obama judge… it undermines our justice system. Im really concerned where we are heading as a country.

He’s still an Obama judge.

Allan

Sometimes, such broad brushing can come back to bite a person. :smile:

I am long time friends with an “Obama” judge, Matthew Brann of the Middle District of Pennsylvania. His commission may have been signed by Obama, but he is a textualist judge in the mold of Antonin Scalia.