Oh Goody, we're bailing out the auto industry again . . . . (Wait! what year is it?)

Are you listening? I am an indirect recipient and I do not like it or want it. Stay out of my business. I am successful applying my own skills and generate hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax revenue for our country…every year. The government then takes those hard earned dollars and wastes it on bull feces like this because they don’t know how to generate $…much less spend it wisely.

2 Likes

The EV market does its own Beetle or Corolla at this point.

But I’m not sure this is the way to do it.

I think an EV Maverick could have been that vehicle. But Ford is too busy electrifying full size trucks to give that little truck the love it deserves.

We shouldn’t.

I don’t support it at all.

1 Like

Only thing I support is tax breaks. If a gas station puts in their economic plan that they would like to install an EV charging station at one side of their property we should give them a tax break on it.

People are waiting as much as 2 hours to charge their EVs.

This does not happen in a free market.
We are a convenience-based society where consumers pay through the nose to avoid waiting for a bus or even chopping a pepper and stirring it in a pan with chicken and onions.

In a free market, the free market would find a way of charging people money so they’d wait less.

Those are all Teslas and in many cases, the charging was included in the purchase price. The other aspect is that the Tesla charger is unique. Auto manufacturers are now in the process of “unifying” the charging system and using the Tesla system as their united basis.

If all those folks could access their home chargers they would not be lining up for 2 hours to charge on the road.

If it were a 2 hour wait to fill up with gasoline in your town what would the free market do? Answer: Open more gas stations.

If the free market is not opening more harging stations that means there is no free market (ex.: entrepreneurs are afraid to compete with subisidized competition.)

One thing I’ve noticed is that Tesla loves sticking Supercharger stations in shopping mall parking lots. Which honestly makes a lot of sense. Someone going mall shopping will probably leave their car in place for an hour or more. So good time to charge.

1 Like

Not bad, but most people going to the mall are not far from home and could charge at home.

The people waiting up to 2 hours to spend 20 mins to an hour charging are not suburbanites close to home.

If you can’t charge at home why the hell are you buying a BEV? They only make financial sense when 90% of your charging is done at home.

If you can’t do that a hybrid makes a lot more sense.

1 Like

Dear ■■■■■■■■… If Americans wanted cars that take an hour to fill up, can’t be fixed, and need tires every 20K miles they would buy them.

Obviously this is just a donor payout…

See my thumb?

1 Like

and just like Solindra, millions will make it back into the campaigns of Democrats… of course it will be (D)ifferent millions, not in any way attached to the payouts.

2 Likes