Official Thread: Fallout 76

.>

“War…War never changes.”

It’s coming again. Or more correctly, it came and now it’s 20 years later.

The above link provide some information on the new Fallout 76 game coming later this year with a beta for early adopters in October(?).

As a geezer gamer I’ve really enjoyed the Fallout games having played 3, New Vegas, and 4. In 4 I played to a pretty high level without finishing the game and choosing a faction, I restarted a new game in Survival Mode and right now I’m only up to level 15 - and the ■■■■ is hard. Really had to adjust my play style and thinking to figure out how to survive. Less perk selection being based on only “give more damage, sneak better” to trying to balance damage given to survival in a cruel world.

I’m really pumped that there will be a new Fallout game this year. I love the in-depth mythos and story telling of the fallout series but 76 looks like a totally different experience since it will be online with no human NPCs, if you meet another human - they are a real person at the other end of the internet.

What I love about games like Witcher and Fallout is that I can put it down and pick it up on my schedule since I have limited time to play - 3 to 4 hours in the evening as there is real life to deal with as a working non-retired adult. I played a space based MMORPG many years ago called OGame when a group from the Hannity boards started a group there. Played for a couple of years and boy - did it consume your life. Timed events that you had to be there fore to protect your resources, kick off events, receive fleets, etc. I realized that when I started planning my lunch hour so I could run home to login or setting my alarm for 4:00 AM that I was getting in to deep and dropped it. We “the team” pretty much communicated through email - like I said this was years ago.

So, what are your thoughts on Fallout 76?

How do you see the as working for a Fallout fan but who had limited time to be online at specific times?

Will all your work be for naught if you are offline and someone raids your settlement? (If that can even happen?)

What do you think of the new tech? Will the environment be as nice as the trailers show?

How will the online component work? Is something like this subscription based after purchasing the base software? Any advice to a geezer gamer would be appreciated.

Discuss…

.>>>>

1 Like

Your wiki is open.

Also, I have all of the same questions as you. I’ve never been a big MMO guy, but I absolutely love the Fallout games, so I’m curious as to what Fallout 76 will be.

Mostly, I want Bethesda to give me more info about Elder Scrolls 6.

The Hannity equivalent of forgetting to zip up.

.>>>>

1 Like

Worried about the multiplayer. I don’t do multiplayer anything. I play on the PS4 so will this require a Playstation Plus membership? I don’t have one and have no intention of getting one since its mostly for multiplayer.

I love all things Fallout. This is one of the few games I have pre-ordered. I know it wont be perfect and no doubt there will be a day 1 patch but I am still excited to play the game.

This will bridge the gap nicely between Fallout 4 and Fallout 5.

…you did it again. XYW.

Multiplayer can be fun. I’m primarily a single player guy but man Battlefield is so much fun.

I haven’t done a ton of multiplayer on anything but every time I’ve tried its been utterly ruined by others who have either hacked the game or have been playing so long they are infinitely more powerful than anyone starting out. Last time I tried was Grand Theft Auto 5 online. There I am just starting out and at least two e other players are flying jets with guns and obliterating any other players that pop up on the map. After getting killed over ten times in the first few minutes by these guys I turned it off and never went back.

Give Battlefield a try. In general people don’t use voice chat so you’re not having to put up with 12 year old idiots. It’s team based and the community does well to work together. Plus no weapon is infinitely dominant over the others. My most successful weapon is the M1897. It’s the first shotgun you can get in the game.

Bumping because of the Amazon prime show. I jumped back into FO76 a few months ago and its night and day compared to launch.

The community is great as well, lost count of the number of times another player gave me some tips, helped me out and dropped gifts of stims, weapons, outfits, crafting materials etc.

Definitely worth another go.

I was gonna ask about that in the video game thread. Is it a series or a movie?

Fallout is an 8 episode series. I prefer this over a movie as the writers can fully develop the world and tell a good story (hopefully).

1 Like

One season and done like Band of Brothers or one season with a, “lets see how profitable this can get!”? lol

It’s an Amazon show, so no less than two, but no more than four is my guess.

My friend has said the same, but I’m still hesitant to try 76. I’m not big on social games - I enjoy single-player games, and that’s a big part of what I love about Fallout games (and pretty much everything else that comes out of Bethesda).

I’m playing through New Vegas again, right now.

1 Like

Sounds about lethally accurate. lol