OCTOBER SURPRISE: GOP Wants New SUPREME COURT JUSTICE Ahead of Midterms

Originally published at: OCTOBER SURPRISE: GOP Wants New SUPREME COURT JUSTICE Ahead of Midterms | Sean Hannity

Senate Republicans announced their plan Friday to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice by this October; setting the stage for a high-stakes showdown just weeks before the 2018 midterm elections.

“If we are going to have a fully functioning court when they convene in October, that would seem to convey a sense of urgency,” Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn told the Washington Examiner.

Republican lawmakers and their Democratic colleagues scrambled this week to settle on a message after Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his plans to retire this July; prompting liberal legislators to demand a candidate not be nominated until after the 2018 midterms.

“Tell your senators that if you do not want a Supreme Court Justice who will overturn Roe v. Wade, those Senators should not vote for a candidate from the list," said Schumer just hours after Kennedy’s announcement.

“It’s going to be hard,” said Sen. Hatch on the October deadline. “It can be done, there is no reason why we can’t do it, just that it’s going to be hard.”

Read the full story at the Washington Examiner.

The Senate doesn’t nominate a new Supreme Court Justice. The President does the nomination, the Senate confirms.

As a Republican since I first started voting in 1978, I was royally pissed at McConnell’s antics because of who was making a nomination and not on the qualifications of the nominee.

There seemed to be no “sense of urgency” when the Senate Leadership left the last vacancy open for over a year and refused to allow the 100 Senators to even have a vote.

I won’t be surprised one bit when the DEM’s try to break that off in our arse.

.>>>>