Obstruction: Trump told Whitaker to reinstate recused SDNY on Cohen Case

Trump is so incredibly corrupt and filthy.

What won’t his supporters sell themselves out over?

…and his followers fall for his “press is the enemy” garbage every single day.

1 Like

It doesnt matter in the legal sense I believe, but some were arguing Trump didnt try to pressure Whitaker.

Yeah, I get that. And of course he was pushing Whitaker.

I wasn’t aiming the “listen up!” at you.

I agree he was almost certainly pushing Whitaker. Trump doesnt like to be told no.

Talking about it isn’t attempting it. Whether, if he had selected his man, it had been obstruction is another matter that shouldn’t even come into question at this point.

Yup…double down… boring

When the President of the United States calls you with a request like that, to say there was no pressure from him implied is complete naivete. Of course there was pressure. The President, the most powerful man in the world, is on the phone with a request to you to alter an investigation against an associate of the President. He didn’t just call to ask how you like your tea.

No, he didn’t.

If I ask you to murder someone and you say no., I still asked you and it’s still a crime. Just saying no doesn’t make my asking go away.

Always minimizing the serious corruption of this man. Why?

Your description here is completely inaccurate. What Trump did according to reporting, is asked his acting AG to see if he could get the political appointee who recused himself from all investigations out of SDNY into Trump and associates because he was a major donor to Trump and his campaign, and was the only, I repeat, the ONLY Prosecutor that was personally interviewed by Trump before being appointed to the role. Of all of the Federal Prosecutors across the nation appointed by Trump, only this one got face time with the President before his appointment, because of his donor status.

And Trump tried to get the head of the DOJ to lean on him to unrecuse himself in an investigation into Trump and his personal attorney and long time fixer.

Regardless of your refusal to see this for what it is, this is really, really bad. Completely unethical and potentially criminal. It will be yet another black mark on Trump’s legacy and the legacy of his supporters who continue to defend the man’s corruption at every turn.

And even McCabe says Lynch should have appointed a special counsel for Hillary.

People who had absolutely no problem with Obama appointing one toady after another to handle cases like Hillary and selling guns to gangsters are now all in a tizzy because (reportedly) Trump asked if would be ok to appoint someone to an investigation and was told “no.”

Obama didn’t appoint Lynch do handle Clinton’s case or any other. He appointed her AG.

Then he stayed out these decisions exactly as he should. This is the part that Trump can’t seem to get into his thick skull even though he’s been told numerous times.

This is a really lame comparison.

1 Like

…and Obama even had Susan Rice send herself a documenting email that everything was to be handled by the book…thus proving that was the case.

Proving what was the case?

Oh come on. Twist and turn for Obama but a whole thread about how asking if it would be ok to do something and being told that no, it wouldn’t be ok is obstruction. I can’t believe you all are buying this.

Man, this is just terrible. The only point in the analogies that is common is that both men were the President.

It’s like deflector shields have been ordered to a 100% but Scotty no canna do cuz SS Trump is down to partial impulse power and the dilithium crystals are toast.

1 Like

The Trumpsplaining is strong today.

All I can say it - thank God I don’t have to defend this so - called president.

1 Like

What are you trying to say here?

Hillary and Obama have nothing to do with the current topic of discussion other than to deflect from the issue.