Obstruction of Congress is the President's Job Description, NOT a Crime

No it doesn’t and no matter what else happens they are not traitors.

No, it isn’t. The word “oversight” appears exactly zero times in the US Constitution.

Oversees, investigates, and makes the rules for the government and its officers

Has sole power of impeachment (House of Representatives) and trial of impeachments (Senate); can remove federal executive and judicial officers from office for [high crimes and misdemeanors]"(High crimes and misdemeanors - Wikipedia)

That is the power of oversight granted in the Constitution

Yes it is. Is the description below not oversight?

“Oversees, investigates, and makes the rules for the government and its officers.”

Yes. It’s the President’s job to ignore the rightful duties of Congress. Run with that…

You can make that argument and I reject it. It is not “oversight”, it is punishment. Or a correction if you prefer. There have only been 3 cases in history.

Impeachment only serves one objective.

Is it the rightful duty of congress to tell the President how to conduct foreign policy?

:man_facepalming::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pray::pray:

No its not, if they aren’t equal then one has to be on top.

Quote chapter and verse of the Constitution that gives Congress oversight of the Executive. Hint: it’s not in there.

There is also nothing in there that says the executive must answer subpoenas from congress. Congress doesn’t run the executive branch.

Nor does congress have to report to the White House if summoned.

2 Likes

That’s a stupid post.

Well since they have to ratify any treaty’s, yep they do.

I’m sure you think so.

There are checks and balances, not supervision and pre-approvals.

1 Like

-Oversees, investigates, and makes the rules for the government and its officers.

Yet another stupid post.

Chapter and verse.

1 Like

Of course you think so.

You are unaware of the separation of powers?

Emphasis mine. Do you know what the word means?

What article and paragraph of the Constitution did you pull this out of?

• Oversees, investigates, and makes the rules for the government and its officers .